The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Muhammad Ali’s Wife and Son detained at Florida airport

Mackcanuck

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

It's border security.  The US is entitled to protect its borders.  We in .Canada are hopefully as diligent.  Heaven forbid people are inconvenienced.  The days of crossing borders without being detained, and questioned are past.  People should budget extra time into their travel plans.  

This wasn't being inconvenienced...it was bullying.   Took her off to a room by herself to interrogate her ... based on, she didn't have a return date.  Had plane tickets from SF to Maui, but they were returning to SF and, depending on how much $$ they had left, were either going to drive or fly back.

They turned her away.   Jeopardized the tickets.  It was total bullcrap, all based on her being quiet and timid.

The car in front of them had her boyfriend's parents (who are from LA, now living in Canada).    He's quite well known as a writer/producer.   They didn't believe that the car in front were their parents (who'd unknowingly started driving through to Bellingham, which was the plan).    It was overkill and ridiculous.  .

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

This wasn't being inconvenienced...it was bullying.   Took her off to a room by herself to interrogate her ... based on, she didn't have a return date.  Had plane tickets from SF to Maui, but they were returning to SF and, depending on how much $$ they had left, were either going to drive or fly back.

They turned her away.   Jeopardized the tickets.  It was total bullcrap, all based on her being quiet and timid.

The car in front of them had her boyfriend's parents (who are from LA, now living in Canada).    He's quite well known as a writer/producer.   They didn't believe that the car in front were their parents (who'd unknowingly started driving through to Bellingham, which was the plan).    It was overkill and ridiculous.  .

Are you thinking that Trump's public stance on border security has empowered some officers to the point of abuse?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Are you thinking that Trump's public stance on border security has empowered some officers to the point of abuse?  

Absolutely.   But it was happening beforehand...this just makes it officially ok, so it'll be off the charts now.

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

John Lennon? A British peacenik, adherent to indian mysticism and married to a Japanese national?

No way would he be allowed into Trump's America...

I don't think they wanted him back then. Told the truth and has a massive following. I heard they tried to ban Imagine but I can't believe that But wouldn't be surprised. LBJ and Nixon are a pair of losers.

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Funny thing is, I was one of the very few at the time, who didn't like Ali. I was a big George Foreman fan.

I admired him for his stand on the Vietnam war, but I couldn't stand him as a fighter...

Get out.. I love Foreman! Wasn't born at the time of the big fight but I have watched it.

Still love this. "Its happened"

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I don't think they wanted him back then. Told the truth and has a massive following. I heard they tried to ban Imagine but I can't believe that But wouldn't be surprised. LBJ and Nixon are a pair of losers.

There were religious groups that hated Imagine, but i think it was more of a boycott thing that it was trying to have it banned.

There also was an attempt by US Intelligence to silence his anti-war rhetoric at the behest of Richard Nixon. Needless to say, it was not successful, even if one believes the conspiracy theory that Lennon was assassinated.

Archived