The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

March Madness 2017 Thread

ReggieBush

Y'all ready for the greatest 2 weeks in sports? The Selection show was today and it appears that the South Region is hell featuring FUCLA(:P), UNC, and Kentucky as the top 3 seeds. I will personally be rooting for Gonzaga as Mark Few is one of CBB's best coaches, and they used to have a bunch of Canadians on their team (I loved Kevin Pangos and Kyle Wiltjer). The Zags are arguably the deepest team in the country and feature a fair bit of tournament experience with guys like Przemek Karnowski, Silas Melson, and Ryan Edwards. Adding in the fact that the Zags have already beaten the #2 team in their bracket (Arizona) they could very well make their first Final 4. 

I basically made this to discuss the Tournament and to post your predictions.

40 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Y'all ready for the greatest 2 weeks in sports? The Selection show was today and it appears that the South Region is hell featuring FUCLA(:P), UNC, and Kentucky as the top 3 seeds. I will personally be rooting for Gonzaga as Mark Few is one of CBB's best coaches, and they used to have a bunch of Canadians on their team (I loved Kevin Pangos and Kyle Wiltjer). The Zags are arguably the deepest team in the country and feature a fair bit of tournament experience with guys like Przemek Karnowski, Silas Melson, and Ryan Edwards. Adding in the fact that the Zags have already beaten the #2 team in their bracket (Arizona) they could very well make their first Final 4. 

I basically made this to discuss the Tournament and to post your predictions.

I'm rooting for the Zags also. Haven't followed them much this season other than watching highlights of a few of their games including a couple days ago where they beat Saint Mary's. Another player to watch on their team just by looking at the stats from last game is Williams Goss. He dropped 22 vs SM and he looks to be a big part of the Zags offense. I'm excited already for MM. Only a few days away. Go Zags!

Not the bestest of starts by the Zags but got the job done eventually and ran with it in the 2nd half. Big game by both Collins and Matthews and carried the Zags to a win. Hope that they start off better than today's game next round but overall, it was well done. 

2 hours ago, Pears said:

Didn't have time to do research on who the favourites are this year so I completely yolo'd my picks and I'm 8/10 so far :)

That's normally how it works lol

1 hour ago, gmen81 said:

Finally got my first game wrong when VCU couldn't beat Saint Mary's. 

Gotta stay loyal to those west coast teams unless they are UCLA or Oregon. That is what cost you lol

10 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Bracket Busted already. **** Notre Dame.

I was looking for this thread! Same here :(. I'm excited to see the UCLA vs Kent State game tomorrow, not a UCLA fan but I want to see Lonzo Ball's play. Not a Ball brothers fan, Dad is too cocky, and I don't like there style of play besides's Lonzo. I'm a Seventh Woods fan!

7 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I was looking for this thread! Same here :(. I'm excited to see the UCLA vs Kent State game tomorrow, not a UCLA fan but I want to see Lonzo Ball's play. Not a Ball brothers fan, Dad is too cocky, and I don't like there style of play besides's Lonzo. I'm a Seventh Woods fan!

Seventh is crazy good. A couple buddies of mine went down to the OC during Christmas about 3 years for a tournament and played Seventh and Rex Pflueger on ND. I know it sounds obvious but guys who play Div 1 are cut and dry better than the good HS player. I played pick up with Jermaine Haley (New Mexico St. and Burnaby South Grad) a few times and the stuff he does in pick up is ridiculous. So much talent.

26 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Seventh is crazy good. A couple buddies of mine went down to the OC during Christmas about 3 years for a tournament and played Seventh and Rex Pflueger on ND. I know it sounds obvious but guys who play Div 1 are cut and dry better than the good HS player. I played pick up with Jermaine Haley (New Mexico St. and Burnaby South Grad) a few times and the stuff he does in pick up is ridiculous. So much talent.

I was lucky to watch Jermaine Haley play a few games live, he is a great player. He can shoot, has handles (especially for his height, he did play PG from what I remember) and he is good defender. Didn't he play in the BioSteel All-Star game? Yup, there was a lot of talk on him and New Mexico State, happy that he got in! Seventh Woods has been one of my favorite college players this year, dude is just a great player, it must have been fun going up against competition like that for you and your buddies! I'm also a big Michigan State fan because of Denzel Valentine, I just love the way he plays!

Archived