The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Possible terrorist attack in Flint, Michigan

Harvey Spector

16 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Voters share in the blame.  They continually vote for the same people until it's too late.  They vote for their tribe member even when he/she is continually screwing them over.  They look for a little (r) or a (d) and vote for that letter like the good tribal automatons that they are.

yup. 

I'm on nobody's team. Repub or Democrat or some little green bugger from the depths of the cosmos, if you have good ideas then they're worth listening to. But most people don't see it that way unfortunately.. too busy looking at party affiliation or religion over content of character and ideas they present. You don't even have to go outside to witness that, just look at the Trump thread lol

5 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

yup. 

I'm on nobody's team. Repub or Democrat or some little green bugger from the depths of the cosmos, if you have good ideas then they're worth listening to. But most people don't see it that way unfortunately.. too busy looking at party affiliation or religion over content of character and ideas they present. You don't even have to go outside to witness that, just look at the Trump thread lol

politics, religion and sports - its all tribal. No one cares how their side wins they just want it to win. 

3 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

politics, religion and sports - its all tribal. No one cares how their side wins they just want it to win. 

Unfortunately because of the first two, untold millions have died. 

Tribal sensitivities is expected in the sports world.  Except in soccer, people rarely die while going native (yes, insensitive comment) in sports.  They usually just get butthurt a bit by the other tribe rubbing it in and then go home and be sad that their side lost.

On 6/21/2017 at 11:52 AM, inane said:

I know this isn't a shooting, but the constant 'thoughts and prayers' made me think of this lol

http://www.macleans.ca/news/world/americas-thoughts-and-prayers-approach-to-gun-violence/

Great article, thanks for posting.

The exact same sentiments run through my head, every time there's an incident and TAPS start to get thrown around.

On 6/21/2017 at 0:25 PM, NUCKER67 said:

It was one guy with a knife attacking another guy - and he missed the mark. Terrorist? Please. Maybe the worst terrorist ever.

It's interesting to note that the assailant attempted to purchase a gun when he got to Michigan, but was unsuccessful. I think it's fair to say that Lt. Neville wouldn't be alive had Ftouhi been in possession of a firearm...

On 6/21/2017 at 9:21 PM, CBH1926 said:

I had to get some gas in Flint back in the day, not the prettiest area.

I will take Flint and Gary over some areas on West and South side of Chicago any day.

Pfft, i'd rather spend a week in Baghdad over taking a ten minute walk at 2am through some neighborhoods like Fuller Park or Englewood. 

12 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Pfft, i'd rather spend a week in Baghdad over taking a ten minute walk at 2am through some neighborhoods like Fuller Park or Englewood. 

West Garfield park is awful too, everyone talks about east St. Louis and Gary being bad.

Gary murder rate is around 50 per 100 000, east St. Louis 100 per 100 000, west Garfield 175 per 100 000.

Archived