The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Will Be our Dark Horse Next Season?

apollo

On 8/16/2017 at 10:12 AM, 250Integra said:

If he is healthy, I vote Anton Rodin as our dark horse for the 2017-2018 season. His path to the NHL so far has been unlucky and riddled with injuries, but he has all the potential and skill to score at least 30-40 points in this league.

Yup....Rodin is the dark horse due to lack of respect for his game around here....for me Boeser and Rodin are locks to make the team and show very well so I don't really think of them as "dark horses"....for me a dark horse would be MacEwen or Chatfield or even Goldy due to his defensive issues.

...Rodin is dark enough for CDC though....

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

definition of a dark horse.

Imo, Chatfield could surprise people, especially if the team runs into injuries (as usual).

If he shows well he might slid in just behind McEneny for call-ups...although you would have to figure Pedan will get another look and Subban has to get a look this year....it may take 10-12 injuries before we see Chatfield but I do think he will be an up and comer soon.

After the tough ride Virtanen has been given (yes he brought some of it on himself) I am pulling for him.  Rodin has had success in a men's league and was touted as a scorer so for me it wouldn't be a huge surprise (dark horse).   I also hope Gaunce can find a role with the team.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:49 AM, oldnews said:

definition of a dark horse.

Imo, Chatfield could surprise people, especially if the team runs into injuries (as usual).

If you told me before last season that Stecher would lead our D in points by years end I would have called you crazy, anything's possible I guess.

On 18/08/2017 at 2:22 PM, Borvat said:

After the tough ride Virtanen has been given (yes he brought some of it on himself) I am pulling for him.  Rodin has had success in a men's league and was touted as a scorer so for me it wouldn't be a huge surprise (dark horse).   I also hope Gaunce can find a role with the team.

Rodin is still a big time dark horse regardless of his success in the SHL. 

Archived