The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Wild sign Matt Cullen

6 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

I really think he should of just retired as back to back champions, that's the best way to exit the game.

Guy has major passion for the game, and he's got 40-50 years to enjoy retirement. Might as well try to play as long as possible. Legacy is overrated.

12 minutes ago, mpt said:

Dude should've stayed in Pittsburgh

As much as him getting a third chance at the cup as a member of the Penguins, It was mostly a family decision. Ultimately, the decision came down to him getting his three sons in school and starting a more normal part of their lives together along with his wife.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

As much as him getting a third chance at the cup as a member of the Penguins, It was mostly a family decision. Ultimately, the decision came down to him getting his three sons in school and starting a more normal part of their lives together along with his wife.

The wild have a decent chance at a cup too imo. 

Pens certainly won't be the same without Bonino. Not a chance they can win another cup next year when a clutch performer like Nick departs... Not to mention Kuny. Bonino = Big Game :goat:

1 minute ago, apollo said:

The wild have a decent chance at a cup too imo. 

Pens certainly won't be the same without Bonino. Not a chance they can win another cup next year when a clutch performer like Nick departs... Not to mention Kuny. Bonino = Big Game :goat:

They won it last year without Bonino 

54 minutes ago, mpt said:

They won it last year without Bonino 

Lol w0t m8? 

Bonino was the MVP of last year's team. Look at his stats and plus minus... This year's team he wasn't as valuable on, but still top 5. Nick :goat: Gotino

57 minutes ago, apollo said:

Lol w0t m8? 

Bonino was the MVP of last year's team. Look at his stats and plus minus... This year's team he wasn't as valuable on, but still top 5. Nick :goat: Gotino

Yes, whom his team won without him playing the last 4 games

15 minutes ago, mpt said:

Yes, whom his team won without him playing the last 4 games

Sorry about him being +10 more than crybaby Crosby 

Not to mention his countless blocks. 

I'm talking 2015 2016. Not last year. 

Bonino single handedly won that 1st cup. GOATINO

6 minutes ago, apollo said:

Sorry about him being +10 more than crybaby Crosby 

Not to mention his countless blocks. 

I'm talking 2015 2016. Not last year. 

Bonino single handedly won that 1st cup. GOATINO

Phil Kessel was pretty amazing in 2015-16.  Letang had a pretty big role.  On a team like the Penguins, Bonino never single handedly won a cup

19 hours ago, The Lock said:

I don't see why it should matter whether we're talking Crosby or Cullen. Shouldn't it be up to the player and not us regardless of what kind of career they have had? Rather selfish to think otherwise in my opinion.

Of course it's up to the players....but as a hockey fan, I'd rather like to see an icon like Crosby retire on a high, rather than lying motionless on the ice with another concussion.  Ok, that's probably worst case scenario.  Also would not like to see that happen to Cullen, but nobody will remember Cullen in a few years, whereas Crosby legacy's would always be attached to such an ending if he finishes on a low.   A little bit like what happened to Favre or Tyson.

Archived