The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Ryan White with Bruins

BOSTON - Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, October 10, that the team has recalled forward Danton Heinen from Providence. Sweeney also announced that forward Ryan White has joined the team on a Professional Tryout Agreement (PTO). Heinen and White will join the team for Tuesday's skate and will travel with the team to Denver.

White, 29, spent the 2016-17 season with Arizona and Minnesota, recording nine goals, seven assists and 84 penalty minutes in 65 games. He established career-highs with Philadelphia in 2015-16 with 11 goals, 16 points and 101 penalty minutes in 73 games. In his eight-year NHL career with Montreal, Philadelphia, Arizona and Minnesota, the 6-foot, 200-pound forward has skated in 313 games, producing 31 goals and 30 assists for 61 points with 447 penalty minutes.

The Manitoba, Canada native was originally selected by Montreal in the third round (66th overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. 

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/bruins-recall-danton-heinen-ryan-white-joins-team-on-pto/c-291777406

5 hours ago, alfstonker said:

wtx is that supposed to mean?

Yeah, not sure what that's about.

Hopefully it meant White catching on with one of the more reputable teams in the NHL (although I'm not sure the Bruins qualify ;)).

If the intent was to suggest Vancouver isn't a reputable organization, I don't really agree. They gave a fringe player a chance to showcase his talent and earn a spot. Not sure what more could be expected of a PTO signing.

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, not sure what that's about.

Hopefully it meant White catching on with one of the more reputable teams in the NHL (although I'm not sure the Bruins qualify ;)).

If the intent was to suggest Vancouver isn't a reputable organization, I don't really agree. They gave a fringe player a chance to showcase his talent and earn a spot. Not sure what more could be expected of a PTO signing.

Intent was that White is a decent player and deserves a more respectable organization than Boston.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived