The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Elliotte Friedman's 31 thoughts - Canucks part

Outsiders

1 minute ago, mll said:

He hasn't played a lot of C this year - not even 250 face-offs.  He has actually played a lot with Barkov and either Dadonov or Huberdeau.  

Ahh yes so playing with the top scorers on the team will definitely make his stats line look better

Just now, pluralsight said:

I wish this was true, but I think it is a pipe dream. Agents probably dont always want to be hounded by teams media personel around deadline time.

Would be thrilled to trade Edler to TB and see him go for a Cup over the next 2 years, while giving us something good back hopefully.

TB does like Canuck D over the years. Ohlund, Salo, Garrison

2 minutes ago, Yotes said:

I wish this was true, but I think it is a pipe dream. Agents probably dont always want to be hounded by teams media personel around deadline time.

Would be thrilled to trade Edler to TB and see him go for a Cup over the next 2 years, while giving us something good back hopefully.

TB does like Canuck D over the years. Ohlund, Salo, Garrison

I agree as well, I don't think it'll happen. But if there was a team that Edler would waive his NTC to, it would be Tampa.

6 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

ON and I have both been on the Edler (or Tanev) to TBL train for a while. Be interesting to see if it actually happens.

Will also be interesting to see how we spread that 22 mins+ a night around if he does go. Despite all the hate he gets on here, them's some big shoes to fill.

Just now, aGENT said:

ON and I have both been on the Edler (or Tanev) to TBL train for a while. Be interesting to see if it actually happens.

Will also be interesting to see how we spread that 22 mins+ a night around if he does go. Despite all the hate he gets on here, them's some big shoes to fill.

I think we have enough lefties we could spread the minutes out. Will be a loss to lose Edler as none of MDZ, Hutton, Pouliot or Holm are as good as him but its the right decision if we can trade Edler we make the deal

1 minute ago, SingleThorn said:

A Dhaliwal 'speculation' based on part of the picture and an assumption or two. Not  common for RD. I trust him way more than most media pundits, so this is an interesting one to keep an eye on.

True, I am kind of waiting for some of the big time insiders to report in on this, then I think it has a lot more legs to it. I think Edler is a cheaper option to obtain vs a McDonaugh. 

Tampa could just go after J. Johnson as he would cost less than Edler probably due to being a UFA

1 minute ago, Yotes said:

I think we have enough lefties we could spread the minutes out. Will be a loss to lose Edler as none of MDZ, Hutton, Pouliot or Holm are as good as him but its the right decision if we can trade Edler we make the deal

Spreading the minutes around is the easy part.

Not getting slaughtered while doing so.... :lol:

Just now, Yotes said:

True, I am kind of waiting for some of the big time insiders to report in on this, then I think it has a lot more legs to it. I think Edler is a cheaper option to obtain vs a McDonaugh. 

Tampa could just go after J. Johnson as he would cost less than Edler probably due to being a UFA

Teams seem to be less inclined to deal for rentals though too. Guy's with term have more value for a reason. Especially if we retain on Edler. Edler at $2.5m for two more playoff runs would be a STEAL.

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Benning has been saying "hockey trades" so I'm guessing there won't be any picks/ prospects (which IMO thats the only thing we should want) He will likely target one of Tampa's 24-26 year old players

Doesn't mean picks can't be included. Something like Hutton to BUF for Justin Bailey and a 4th or 5th for example.

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Spreading the minutes around is the easy part.

Not getting slaughtered while doing so.... :lol:

I am not too concerned about that, we are a bottom team, giving more ice to younger players will lead to bigger losses, but it also gives them good experience and we see how they handle more responsibility. We will never know until we give them younger guys more ice time and responsibility

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Doesn't mean picks can't be included. Something like Hutton to BUF for Justin Bailey and a 4th or 5th for example.

Probably be our picks haha. But seriously Canucks should be asking for Callan Foote + 2nd for Edler, Dowd (Playoff depth)

Edit - If it were to happen it would more likely be Namestnikov for Edler 

Archived