The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

6 minutes ago, D-Money said:

1 more little problem:

All of my recent draftees have the correct year for their unsigned prospect status to expire (2020) - except G Kirill Ustimenko, who has 2019 for some reason. @thejazz97

Sorry to add to this, I have this with Swayman also. 

@D-Money @Tigs

Fixed that for you! It'll be an issue with mostly all 2017 NHL Draft eligible players.

@Monty

Fantrax doesn't always populate the players right away, so keep note of this and if in the next week or so you don't see them on your roster, shoot us a message! Players will be added to teams as they are added into Fantrax (and as we've got time to add them :P)

Edited by Salter
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Salter is right. I’ve already explained this in a message with one GM, but a lot of draftees won’t be added until the IRL draft. After that, we’ll need to shoot Fantrax a message if there are players still missing. Any players whose position is F in either eliteprospects or hockeydb by the end of the summer will have placeholders put on their respective rosters until something changes.

• Thanks 1

P6fzfij.png

Although we are doing our best to catch it as players come into Fantrax, once they are added, please do a check of all your 2018 Draftees to make sure their contract date is 2020. We have noticed that some players who were eligible for the 2017 NHL Draft and went undrafted in our league, are showing a contract date of 2019. Please send myself or @thejazz97 a message if you are needing a player updated.

Additionally, not all players from the 2018 draft will be added to your team until after the IRL draft, so thank you for your patience!

Edited by Salter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Anaheim Ducks 2018 NHL Draft Review

#19 Bode Wilde:

USNTDP, 61 GP, 12 G, 29 A, 41PTS.

A talented, competitive defender that plays a 200-foot game. He is never out of position. Plays a proactive game and tenaciously pursues the puck. Defensively he plays a hard nose game and takes away open space from his opposition. Offensively he possesses a hard accurate shot with a deceptive release. Quick thinker - which allows him to make quick high efficient plays.

Projection : Top 4 D-man. 

#110 Riley Sutter:

Everett Silvertips, 68GP, 25 G, 28 A, 53pts

The last Sutter of the 2nd generation. He is an effective 3-zone thinker and plays well in all situations. Anticipates the opposition's attack well. Plays a mean, physical game.

Projection: Agitating bottom six winger that can chip in some offense.

#116 Semyon Kizimov

Ladia Kogliatti (MHL) 30GP, 6 G, 12 A, 18pts

A long shot prospect. Possesses a decent shot, good skater and is a hard worker. 

#121 Demetrios Koumontzis

Led the UMHSEHL in points. High skilled centre with high end ability to play a heavier game, win pucks, and position himself to an advantage in the heavy puck battling areas. Has very good vision, and displays a very good array of skills and is good on the cycle and in as a scorer.

• Upvote 2

fLlMrYG.jpg

On behalf of GM @Baer., the Minnesota Wild are proud to announce the following signings:

Filip Forsberg - 6 years, $8.5m

Brandon Montour - 2 years, $2.8m

Blake Comeau - 2 years, $2m

Brett Lernout - 1 year, $720k

Alex Petrovic - 1 year, $2m

Dominik Simon - 1 year, $1.2m

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Hey I've got an idea/question for the other GM's. Would you enjoy/be comfortable with a rumour report before big deals, hinting towards what might be happening? Bob McKenzie-esq. I made a straw poll to gauges interest. But also was wondering if you'd all be okay with a "leak" right before something happens. If GM's prefer to not have something like that shoot me a message or vote in the straw poll. I personally thought it could be a fun new dynamic to the thread. It wouldn't be before everything, but once and awhile just to spice it up.

https://www.strawpoll.me/15928592

Edited by Salter
  • Upvote 3

trade_php.jpg.eb154da56271393ad3ef41f3d93ad414.jpg

To EDM: Oliver Ekman-Larsson (1M ret. by OTT, 1M ret. by CGY for 2018/19), Jordan Staal (3M ret. by OTT for 2018/19), Brandon Carlo

To CGY: Torey Krug, Mattias Ekholm, Joel Armia

To OTT: 2019 CGY 3rd

• Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, Salter said:

To EDM: Oliver Ekman-Larsson (1M ret. by OTT, 1M ret. by CGY for 2018/19), Jordan Staal (3M ret. by OTT for 2018/19), Brandon Carlo

Thanks to @SidneyRaymond for approaching me for this deal. Happy to get another pick in the top 93 for next season. 

My roster is full and I had $12.5M in cap space, so I figured I should effectively use that money for futures. I have $8.5M left. I’ve already told a bunch of cap crunched teams about my situation. Get it while it’s hot! (Available)

Columbus Blue Jackets are open to offers on Eric Staal.

• 1st line C, can also play LW
  • Had 419.75 Fpts last year (5.12/game) - 26th in the league among skaters
  • Playoff team
  • Hasn't missed a game in the past 3 seasons (in fact, played 83 one year!)
  • Only a $4 million cap hit.

eric-staal-040418-getty-ftrjpg_242p5rse0

Edited by D-Money

1 hour ago, Salter said:

Thanks @Salter for processing. 

We finally got it done after months of negotiations dating back to the start of playoffs. Thank you @SidneyRaymond for the awesome negotiations and for facilitating the cap situation with @Art Vandelay. I got to say, it was a tough trade to make considering that OEL was trending up again, CAR being a dark horse next year with Svechnikov, and Carlo being a young playoff piece but its extremely tough to pass on these top end playoff assets as we look to contend next year. Thanks for everything Oliver, Jordan, and Brandon. Best of luck and the best part is that you dont have to move far away ;), Welcome to the team, Torey, Mattias, and Joel! Dear Pacific, like last year, we are coming for ya’ll ;)

fLlMrYG.jpg

On behalf of GM @Brocks Flow, the Los Angeles Kings are proud to announce the following signings:

Patric Hornqvist - 5 years, $6.25m

Lukas Sedlak - 1 year, $1m

Alex Biega - 1 year, $800k

Kevin Connauton - 1 year, $1m

Cam Fowler - 8 years, $5.75m

Mark Barberio - 1 year, $1m

Brad Morrison - 1 year, $700k

Curtis Valk - 1 year, $800k

• Upvote 1