The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

I am starting to get on board the elc slide idea...was slow to grasp it really: seemed like i could just put the 8million into minor league budget and get bigger bang for buck...BUT then realized that by utilizing it i get to save the minors cap hit and ALSO keep the player under contract longer with the low ELC cap hit. next level thinking that my former glorious self would have caught onto right away. Took me a few years. lol

Image result for nhl free agent frenzy logo

Multiple offers on forward Tyler Bozak to date, leaning towards signing out East. Get your offers in if you have interest in the reliable center.

Ilya Kovakchuk " sweepstakes " have him heading to a Western Conference club within the next 24 hours, should no surprise offers come in!

15 hours ago, Monty said:

To me it really doesn’t matter too much, I suppose. I don’t want to cause waves. But could create issues if, say, my 9th overall pick signs for a higher salary than the 8th overall, while the 16th overall signs for higher than the 9th overall.

Wouldn’t it all depend? 

If a team was lucky enough to select a player selected 3rd IRL, but say got him 15th in the GML. 

Wouldnt there need to be a balance between where he was selected in both arenas? 

Nearly ten years and no complaints on this yet, I think the agents got dis B)

Edited by greensman
  • Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Arizona Coyotes have signed defenseman Juuso Riikola to a one year deal.

pho.png Juuso Riikola: 1 year, $ 950 thousand dollar contract ( $ 950,000.00 per season ).

Thanks to Mike and Juuso for agreeing to terms on a deal.

Riikola will start in the minors but will be in the mix for 7/8 D spot.

7 hours ago, greensman said:

If a team was lucky enough to select a player selected 3rd IRL, but say got him 15th in the GML. 

Not really what I was referring to.

Was talking about if I signed my 9th overall pick for (arguments sake) $2M, but another team in our league signed their 16th overall pick (or 25th, or 40th) for $2.5M. Not really “fair” for that team that had a lower pick signed to higher amount than a higher pick.

If guys are ok with it, I’m fine as well. Just a friendly suggestion, that’s all.

24 minutes ago, Monty said:

Was talking about if I signed my 9th overall pick for (arguments sake) $2M, but another team in our league signed their 16th overall pick (or 25th, or 40th) for $2.5M. Not really “fair” for that team that had a lower pick signed to higher amount than a higher pick.

If guys are ok with it, I’m fine as well. Just a friendly suggestion, that’s all.

There's lot of factors at play though. Real-life draft position versus GML, year of signing (ie, may have increased in value since drafting), player development budget. I have no issue.

^ i thought of the alpinehorn too, lol....

@Monty I have seen it both ways, the ELC signing style both here and another league and both are great as they each have their benefits. I have never seen it be an issue here though in all the while I have been learning and playing. The other league that has a set pattern, I also like as there is predictability, for this league though as it is done now works really well since a player can from time time explode after his draft year or even not get drafted at all and then ramp up to be a full time NHL guy 18 months later. I like that our agents can and ought to have the leeway to account for that and also the opposite: some guys drafted in the first round end up being Patrik Stefan (64 career NHL goals but drafted first overall ahead of Dank and Hank in the 99 draft) and ought not have an AAV on their ELC of 3.75m just because they went first. 

On 09/07/2018 at 6:54 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

OFFER SHEET : The New York Islanders have signed RFA defenceman Josh Morrissey to a 2 year offer sheet.

small.png Josh Morrissey - 2 year, $9.5 million dollar contract ($4.75 million per season)

Florida matches

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, Monty said:

It really depends on who/when it is signed - if you are signing a player that is just drafted IRL and in our draft, then it's a little more regimented.

If you take an overager, wait two years and they've torn up the AHL.... I will make the offer reflect that despite them likely being signed for much lower IRL.

It can be hard to balance - as we only have those four rounds are constantly chasing players after they are selected.

I totally get what you are suggesting, and does play into consideration when looking at the offers provided.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Monty said:

I hear what you’re saying. In principle you are totally right, but I think that because we have live agents, we can play it much more ‘case by case’.

i don’t believe you’d find many exceptions.

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

I personally like that our league does it in a manner that's more akin to the real NHL.

Always this. Keep it real. 

2 hours ago, Squeak said:

It really depends on who/when it is signed - if you are signing a player that is just drafted IRL and in our draft, then it's a little more regimented.

If you take an overager, wait two years and they've torn up the AHL.... I will make the offer reflect that despite them likely being signed for much lower IRL.

It can be hard to balance - as we only have those four rounds are constantly chasing players after they are selected.

I totally get what you are suggesting, and does play into consideration when looking at the offers provided.

Yes. This.

if everyone signed all their players from the same draft on the same day, then the values would likely turn out scaled, as Monty suggests. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1