The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Vegas Golden Knights have signed forward Ilya Kovalchuk to a three year deal.

golden-knightsjpg-jpg-size-cus.jpg.1a3a2b64c054833f94570ef9b0af7d19.jpgIlya Kovalchuk: 3 years, $ 27.0 million dollar contract ( $ 9,000,000.00 per season ).

Monty quibbling over a few shillings when he's signing Kovy to that deal :lol:

Updated Pittsburgh Penguins Depth Chart

Johnson Stamkos  Forsberg
Debrusk Spooner DeBrincat 
Rattie Eller Donato
Bertuzzi Weal ________
Ritchie 

Subban Myers
Parayko Schmidt
Kronwall Morrow
Koekkoek Myers  

Allen
Hutton 

________ Kossila Mangnapiane 
Hawryluk Ejdsell Bracco
Pu.  ________Timoshov

________  ________
Lauzon Saarjarvi 
Simek  

Starrett

Edited by ActionJax09
  • Upvote 3

^i don't know if Philippe will leapfrog Hagg and Gudas...or maybe i guess Sanheim this year? but what I caught about your lineup at first was the first name...I fell asleep right after watching Steven Colbert last night talking about "The Rock" and introduced him as Dwayne The Johnson. Hahahaha......funny stuff.

7DA3B6FE-B86C-430D-9D8F-B4301FFEE17B.jpeg

Updated Roster and Top Prospects

Kovalchuk - Ferland - Dadonov

Killorn - Sobotka - Tatar

Carrier - Letestu - G. Smith

Stewart - Amadio - Foo

Ekholm - Zadorov

McCabe - Hamhuis

Ozhiganov- Andersson

Voynov

Pickard

Top Prospects

Timothy Liljegren

Josh Mahura

Alexandre Carrier

Ilya Sorokin

Evan Fitzpatrick

Adin Hill

Josh Woll

Mathieu Joseph

Antoine Morand

Cal Foote

Adam Boqvist

Ryan Merkley

Alexander Volkov

Jay O’Brien

Pretty set on defense, obviously assuming they all pan out. Having this anchoring Vegas’ blueline in 5 years is pretty exciting (all but one is right handed):

Foote - Boqvist

Andersson - Liljegren

Mahura - Merkley 

Carrier

As for goal, really excited about Sorokin, Hill, and Fitzpatrick. If Sorokin crosses over in 2020, it’s pretty safe to assume he’ll be a starter and somewhat successful, at worst. Hill is a beast and will start pushing for backup duty in 2 years time.

My forward group is where my team needs the most help. Guys like Volkov, Joseph, Morand, and O’Brien are fine, but not sure what their ceiling really is. So will have to build through the draft for that group. Was targeting two forwards in this last draft, but they both went before my 9th pick, and I was happy to end up with Boqvist.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

^i don't know if Philippe will leapfrog Hagg and Gudas...or maybe i guess Sanheim this year? but what I caught about your lineup at first was the first name...I fell asleep right after watching Steven Colbert last night talking about "The Rock" and introduced him as Dwayne The Johnson. Hahahaha......funny stuff.

Ya you could be right. The 7 and 8 spots on defence will be an open competition in camp. If Poolman or a free agent play better both Myers and Koekkoek could start the year in the AHL

and yes that is funny lol

Edited by ActionJax09

27 minutes ago, theminister said:

Thanks, guys.

I'm old AF.

Happy Birthday oldtimer!

Has been a pleasure putting up with dealing with you over the years, whats that ? 10-ish years now......well these are just numbers and do they really matter ? 

Seems like you are in a good place with your career so congratulations to you, keep up the great work! always appreciate when you have time here to shoot the $h!t and contribute to the League with your time.

The GML is lucky to have you!

• Cheers 2

On 10/07/2018 at 7:52 AM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

OFFERSHEET: The Vegas Golden Knights have signed forward Andrew Copp to a two year deal.

golden-knightsjpg-jpg-size-cus.jpg.1a3a2b64c054833f94570ef9b0af7d19.jpgAndrew Copp: 2 years, $ 6.0 million dollar contract ( $ 3,000,000.00 per season ).

* The Washington Capitals have 1 week to match this offer.

The Washington Capitals select to match this offer and keep Andrew Copp in Washington.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1