The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2019/2020 -[4 GM Positions Available]

Relyt Krets

5 hours ago, Nail said:

Thanks to @Snapshot85 for making this deal happen.

Trade talks have been ongoing for about a month on Holtby, with both sides trying to find the right value in a trade that was agreeable for both. 

As we are currently sitting in 1st in the league with only 8 goalie points all year, we felt we owed it to our guys to give them a true starting goalie, and one that can help continue our push for the Presidents Trophy. 

Vegas may still be willing to make more moves in order to strengthen our roster, all prospects and picks except Kirill Kaprizov may be moved.

Montreal would like to Thank VGK for the stern but productive negotiations 

With Holtby becoming a UFA at the end of the season it became a $%*& or get off the pot situation. We opted to get off the pot. Holtby would have had far to much term and been far to expensive for Montreal to have effectively worked into our cap moving forward. We felt with his questionable play at the beginning of the season, we would rather move on... free up cap space, aquire assets and make room for our goalie of the future Illya Samasonov. 

Montreal thanks Mr. Holtby for his years of service and wish him well with Vegas.

Cheers guys 

Snapshot85

Montreal GM

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Caboose said:

Place Paul Byron on LTIR

https://www.rotoworld.com/hockey/nhl/player/24537/paul-byron

Recall John Marino in his stead

Still trying to move a defenseman and a forward for a late pick, HMU if you need depth.

@Primal Optimist

While Byron is listed as Day to Day on TSN's injury list, the narrative at rotoworld and the fact he is having surgery tomorrow make this an allowable move. I will process it tonight and he will be on IR before Noon tomorrow. 

@Caboose  I found a netminder in your minors exceeded the 'buried contract' status by just 100 thousand dollars which has now been correctly added to your cap. You are compliant and there is no need to action anything. Thanks, but wanted you to know your sheet is up to date and verified as of today and that was the only catchup point to make. 

Edited by Primal Optimist

The updated roster spreadsheet absolutely does not work on iPhone. You can't scroll to the right through the teams in the header bar, so I can't even get to Minnesota.

@Primal Optimist - I think you need to expand the size of the row, and wrap the text so all the teams are visible (like previously, and like CDCFL).

So yes, I trimmed the tab names down from example;
'CBJ Bluejackets'

to just: 

"CBJ"

so advice is to put it back? I don't mind if that helps phones...only reason i shortened it was to help phones..but if that is a problem now i will put it back for sure. 

@D-Money: can you confirm this is what you meant?

Thanks

EDIT: I made Anaheim through Montreal "full names" in the tab name for each team..and i left NSH thru WPG as the short version for you to see what that may do on your phone..i too use the google sheets app but honestly I don't use my phone at all really..have seen the app version once or twice and the phone based web browser version once or twice but not a pro on phones thus the ask..

3 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

So yes, I trimmed the tab names down from example;
'CBJ Bluejackets'

to just: 

"CBJ"

so advice is to put it back? I don't mind if that helps phones...only reason i shortened it was to help phones..but if that is a problem now i will put it back for sure. 

@D-Money: can you confirm this is what you meant?

Thanks

That's not the problem. The header bar is thin now, so you have to scroll to the right to see more than the first half-dozen teams. However, on the iPhone spreadsheet reader, you can't scroll in the header.

The names can be abbreviated, they just all need to be visible to be accessed by everyone.

I see, but by making them small that is what caused the change..so i should put them all back to big to fix that unintended consequence?

EDIT: on my phone i can easily pinch the sheet larger and click the 3 letter header for NSH and go there pretty easily..but that is through the GOOGLE DRIVE app...i don't use iphones, 

2 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I see, but by making them small that is what caused the change..so i should put them all back to big to fix that unintended consequence?

I don't think changing the names is the issue. I think they just all need to be placed in rows, or in a single cell with text wrap.

9 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I don't think changing the names is the issue. I think they just all need to be placed in rows, or in a single cell with text wrap.

i gotcha..so my changes have nothing to do with your issues? Could you side scroll through them yesterday or before? I think your issue is unrelated to my changes. 

EDIT: I will leave it half full names and half abbreviated and wait some days for more feedback on which is preferred.

Just now, Primal Optimist said:

i gotcha..so my changes have nothing to do with your issues? Could you sidescroll through them yesterday or before? I think your issue is unrelated to my changes. 

All the team names were visible at the top when I opened the sheet. Now they are in a single, thin row.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, D-Money said:

The updated roster spreadsheet absolutely does not work on iPhone. You can't scroll to the right through the teams in the header bar, so I can't even get to Minnesota.

@Primal Optimist - I think you need to expand the size of the row, and wrap the text so all the teams are visible (like previously, and like CDCFL).

I'm havin similar issue