The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

On 2/1/2020 at 10:24 AM, greensman said:

Never, not in a million years, did I think Edmonton players would be my stronger assets... would be driving my team... 

only EDM players contributed last night - 42pts! 

Yamamoto’s for real! (8 points in 10 games) ... and Draisaitl’s wingman! 

...and then 43pts the next night!

i might even be back in the playoffs... 

Edited by greensman
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jaku said:

So am I just going to have to bite the bullet on Byfuglien or can i place him on LTIR? He's not likely coming back this season according to Elliott Friedman. 

He’s a UFA with no clause, waive him and put him in your minors.

you've got 10 mil in cap an open d spot, doesn’t seem like Buf is in your way anyways :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Jaku said:

So am I just going to have to bite the bullet on Byfuglien or can i place him on LTIR? He's not likely coming back this season according to Elliott Friedman. 

Just as the real life Jets, it would appear you're stuck at the moment, as he is not listed as injured but on personal leave.

• Cheers 1

Congrats to Pysyk on his first career hat trick last night! :towel:

Also happy to see the glowing praise from his coach in his first pro season for D Mikey Anderson. Kid's got a hell of a head on his shoulders.

https://frozenroyalty.net/2020/02/02/manderson-p1/

“His leadership qualities have been with us all season long,” Stothers noted, “You can see where he’s a guy who’s had some success and was a big part of that. He’s a guy who’s already, in his first year, well-respected in the room.”

“He’s a steady guy who you might not notice because there’s not a whole lot of flash and dash,” Stothers observed. “But he would probably be similar to a Matt Roy, in that when you look at him, you think, ‘He’s got that many points? I didn’t think he had that many.’”

“You might even think, ‘Did he even play tonight?’ But that’s when you know he’s on his game,” Stothers added. “Very seldom do they do anything flashy that you notice, or anything that jumps out at you where you think that something he did was a poor decision or a poor play, nor does he do anything to make you think, ‘he was a little off tonight.’”

“Players like that are a coaches’ dream because they’re low maintenance. You don’t have to spend a lot of time worrying about what they’re going to do because they do the preparation. They do the work and they’re pretty efficient at what they do. The thing you have to remind yourself is, as a coach, is that when you have a guy like Mikey is to tell him that he’s doing a good job every so often. You tend to forget that because you almost take it for granted.”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1