The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UK Citizenship Stripped from Jihadi Jack, Leaves Him with Canadian Citizenship

DonLever

16 hours ago, DonLever said:

There is no legal obligation to facilitate their return,” the statement read. “We will not expose our consular officials to undue risk in this dangerous part of the world.”

It also noted that Goodale’s office is “not able to comment on specific cases or national security operational matters.” 

So why was Omar Khadr brought back to Canada and given $10 Million?

because we have the worst leader in the world

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah but you are. He was talking about people that have come back and have potentially reformed themselves and would talk to young men about why its a bad idea to do what they did. Its the same idea as ex gang members talking to kids. Its not at all like the CPC has spun it.

The other side of it is doing our duty as a country, and prosecuting and jailing our citizens for what they've done, not offloading our responsibilities like the UK just did. 

But what I said he said is correct and you know that. You think I should be a realtor, Jim?B)

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you know i'm going to use this against you in an Alberta thread. 

You can't. I'm not dependent on government,  we want the liberals to get things going. We had private investors but the feds took so long they left. We have never needed Ottawa what we need is Ottawa to get out of the way.

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

Plus 100.

For what? His suggestion doesn't make sense.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

But what I said he said is correct and you know that.

the idea that Trudeau is welcoming back these people is ridiculous. 

But the fact is, we have an obligation to deal with some of them. I don't see how shirking out international responsibilities is a principle we want to live by, 

9 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Don't worry Trudeau going to hand him $10 millions dollars and a house on point grey road.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

why even bother posting this? the feelz? 

Does that even get you home in Point Grey? 

8 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

because we have the worst leader in the world

:towel:

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the idea that Trudeau is welcoming back these people is ridiculous. 

But the fact is, we have an obligation to deal with some of them. I don't see how shirking out international responsibilities is a principle we want to live by, 

France and the US are targeting these terrorists in Syria and killing them. Probably the better solution. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

France and the US are targeting these terrorists in Syria and killing them. Probably the better solution. 

for sure. But some might be left over and some might be citizens and we'll have to deal with it. Yeah it sucks but I can't believe you'd argue for Canada to shirk its responsibilities. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

for sure. But some might be left over and some might be citizens and we'll have to deal with it. Yeah it sucks but I can't believe you'd argue for Canada to shirk its responsibilities. 

I wholeheartedly supported to the cpc idea of stripping them off their Canadian citizenship. 

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I wholeheartedly supported to the cpc idea of stripping them off their Canadian citizenship. 

well, thats a scary thing to me, that you'd strip citizenship for someone only suspected of a crime. It should bother you too imo. I also think that terror has worked on your psyche the way they intended it to if this is where you're at. 

also a child, tortured and not given due process. There's nothing to like here, but we do have to follow our own laws. 

Given the Americans wouldn't hand him over anyway should have gone in the favour of Canada. That part has always been annoying to me.

its OK you got the joke :P

Ya we all got the joke but for hopefully only two more months.

17 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

kadr was a terrorist 

So is this pos.

well, thats a scary thing to me, that you'd strip citizenship for someone only suspected of a crime. It should bother you too imo. I also think that terror has worked on your psyche the way they intended it to if this is where you're at. 

No that was very good policy. It wouldn't be in 100% of cases and it's after being found guilty of terrorism.