The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UK Citizenship Stripped from Jihadi Jack, Leaves Him with Canadian Citizenship

DonLever

2 hours ago, Violator said:

They should bring him to canada and give him a second chance

Everyone deserves a second chance.....  Let him serve his time ( whatever is decided as appropriate ) ... make steps to demonstrate remorse / grow as a person and see if he can be integrated into society.  I don't believe in capital punishment.......  and prisoners with no chance of parole are the worst types of inmates as they have no reason to change....

Having said that..  he is a UK citizen and the UK should be dealing with him.   Society is probably safer with him in the UK than having him in Syria back influencing / leading a terror organization in the country where he would be able to do so more easily....

8 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Everyone deserves a second chance.....  Let him serve his time ( whatever is decided as appropriate ) ... make steps to demonstrate remorse / grow as a person and see if he can be integrated into society.  I don't believe in capital punishment.......  and prisoners with no chance of parole are the worst types of inmates as they have no reason to change....

Having said that..  he is a UK citizen and the UK should be dealing with him.   Society is probably safer with him in the UK than having him in Syria back influencing / leading a terror organization in the country where he would be able to do so more easily....

He is in a Kurdish jail.

19 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

He is in a Kurdish jail.

if he ever gets out, his decision will be whether to come to Canada and get tried for more crimes, or try to go somewhere that won't care who he is, like Libya. Have fun Jack.

I hate how the CPC tries to use this issue to scare and divide Canadians though, and it will probably backfire like it did with Harper. New immigrants get rightfully scared when conservatives start talking about different classes of citizens. Its a loser for the CPC so I hope Scheer keeps it up. 

He wants to come back because ISIS is defeated.  He never once, thought for his family or anyone else.  He has no regards for Canada or Britain.  When he decided to fight for ISIS, he stopped for humanity.  He just wants to come to Canada because ISIS is defeated and he rather stay in a Canadian prison instead of a Kurdish prison.  He can rot in Syria for all I care.  I have no respect for anyone who joined isis.  he doesn't care about Canada, how do I know? because he joined Isis!  These guys caused so many pain and suffering for humanity!  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

Why didn’t we revoke this guy’s citizenship before the Britts?  

Because Canada is quite clueless about about this kind of stuff.   Just like how Richmond General hospital have over 100 Chinese women giving birth here every day, and its legal and our government loves it. 

I follow the BBC a lot, (not sure why, I like I like their app very much) anyways I always see news of them revoking citizenship of their people if they joined isis, with little evidence needed.  I see news of this a lot

Now in terms Canadians fighting for isis, for whatever reason we don't have as much, and thank god.  But we don't have a clue what to do.  Revoking his citizenship is the best thing we should do.  

Britains give no &^@# if they revoke their citizenship because that person chose isis, so they don't care if they are stateless, well, they chose isis right?  

2 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Because Canada is quite clueless about about this kind of stuff.   Just like how Richmond General hospital have over 100 Chinese women giving birth here every day, and its legal and our government loves it. 

yeah thats just not true. And has nothing to do with this thread. 

42 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Hopefully he dies there..

Hopefully he gets some kind of a fair trial and the authorities can make a decision on what his sentence should look like.....

I am not a proponent of capital punishment but  no doubt he needs to face punishment for his actions.   Hopefully he can change as a person during his incarceration and maybe make some restitution for his terrible actions.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Violator said:

Id go to kurdistan.

Me too.

A kurd guy owns a kebab place near me.....  best food.  Super nice guy...  he has hinted a few times that he may have been active back in the day in the independence movement.... The guy looks like he could kill you without raising a eyebrow ....  I am sure he has seen some serious crap....

Just now, Violator said:

Id go to kurdistan.

Was in turkey in the mid nineties.  One of my buddies went all the way to to the border with Kurdistan.  He had the long blonde hair goin and although the shepherds through rocks at him the student in the school thought he was a rock star.  The teachers had him and another friend go to each class room so the kids could try out some English and feel his hair.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

That he would use that against me in an Alberta thread. Didn't make sense.

23 hours ago, gurn said:

That was a statement, not a suggestion.

Made good sense, you were telling a poster he was foolish to expect  the government to fix things , while at the same time moaning in the "oil/Alberta" threads that the feds aren't doing enough.

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Me too.

A kurd guy owns a kebab place near me.....  best food.  Super nice guy...  he has hinted a few times that he may have been active back in the day in the independence movement.... The guy looks like he could kill you without raising a eyebrow ....  I am sure he has seen some serious crap....

Had a Kurdish guy work security at a nightclub I was running. he had this history too. What a guy, nice as anything and one of the scariest guys ever. He was soo calm, I remember him ejecting two patrons at the same time as they were punching him in his face. He was just squinting through it as he had them both in headlocks under his arms. He just dealt with them like two children and it didn't raise his temperature at all. Always think of him when thinking of tough guys that don't lose their cool. Grace under fire. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1