The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks @ Kings - Sep 21st 2019 - 6PM from Salt Lake City Utah

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes there are lots of guys picked in the top 10 who have built good careers in the bottom 6 or 3rd pairing D.  It happens quote a lot.  Also lots of guys who get drafted in the 3rd and 4th rounds who become top 6 players or top 4 defencemen.  At the end of the day you cannot simply look at where the player was drafted.  Play him where he belongs and where he can be most successful.  It's better to do that than to force a player to be in your top 6 just because he was a 6th overall pick and then when he can't cut it you trade him for peanuts.  Jake on the 3rd line banging and crashing and getting 15 goals is totally fine, we don't have many players that can play that game, so no problem if he is the one in that role.  Would I have preferred him to be a top 6 power forward?  For sure, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Other than Pastrnak, Jake is the guy I’d want from #6 on in that draft.  And lots of teams passed over Pastrnak.  

45 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

In a redo he goes top 3.  Could be a 40 goal scorer...

We had two cracks at him.  I wonder if JB had a gentleman’s agreement with Boston to keep out of the first round?  

Seriously are Jake and McCann JB types of character? 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

We had two cracks at him.  I wonder if JB had a gentleman’s agreement with Boston to keep out of the first round?  

Seriously are Jake and McCann JB types of character? 

I doubt he had some sort of agreement.  Pastrnal was just a guy who most people passed on and missed.  Boston got lucky in 2014 but in 2015 they got their lunch handed to them.  They literally could have had Barzal, Connor and Chabot with their 3 picks.  Add those players to Pastrnak and they would have been set up for the next 10 years.

18 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Im still a believer that if Goldy is given the opportunity beside Pettersson he will excel. He needs those likeminded skilled players to truly bring out his game. If he cant take that opportunity then waive him.

Goldy-Pettersson-Boeser

Ferland-Horvat-Miller

Baertschi-Gaudette-Pearson

Virtanen-Beagle-Sutter

Motte, Leivo

But I  believe he would be bull fudging the blueline for the break away pass. Not helping the defense on the way back. 

11 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Hutty was playing for pride and had something to prove last night against the team that let him go.  I'm happy for him and hope he does well...just not against us.  :)

The question is who is our number six defenceman right now? I’ve actually really liked Chatfield’s game so far in the preseason but if it’s down to him or Biega or Sautner, I have to say Hutton would’ve probably been an upgrade on either of these guys. 

Oh yeah I gapped on Stetcher. Never mind eh. 

Edited by bad alice french