The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discuss] Markstrom's Future

Rate this topic

86Viking

22 hours ago, CptCanuck16 said:

I'd offer him 2 years at $4m. By the end of that contract Demko should be ready to take over as number 1 and they can switch roles/salaries.

We can always dream he signs that short of a contract with only 333k per year raise. It will likely not happen though. His next deal is either a long term deal under 6m, or a shorter term deal 2-3years at 6m or so. 

Be interesting to see how things play out, hope Demko gets more starts as the season goes on so the team can have a better idea of how he does as teams get more video on him and his movements etc

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

We can always dream he signs that short of a contract with only 333k per year raise. It will likely not happen though. His next deal is either a long term deal under 6m, or a shorter term deal 2-3years at 6m or so. 

Be interesting to see how things play out, hope Demko gets more starts as the season goes on so the team can have a better idea of how he does as teams get more video on him and his movements etc

Marky gets extended 6x5.  Demko is traded at the 2020 draft to recoup the first we are sending to TBay for making the playoffs. 

• Wat 1

33 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

At this point it might be better to keep Marky and look to shop Demko... but I’d be fine either way.  

JB’s got a decision to make but it’s one of those “good” problems to have.

With the age of the team it makes more sense to go with the younger goalie in Demko.

Its most likely that we’re gonna get Markstroms best seasons in the next couple years here. Demko meanwhile will likely have another 10 years of prime years left.

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Marky gets extended 6x5.  Demko is traded at the 2020 draft to recoup the first we are sending to TBay for making the playoffs. 

As much as this could likely happen I don't think Demko has the trade value of Schneider when he was traded

Trading Demko for anything over a top 12 isn't worth losing a potential all star goalie

I would be much more comfortable trading Marky and a second to get that mid range first

• Like 1