The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

35 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm glad the AB gov't came to its senses and closed the deal with the Cree first nation. Gives one some hope projects can actually happen in Canada. Hopefully when its approved next week it dials down some of the anger. 

Then If TECK doesn't go forward with the project because the prices aren't there (north of $70 -$75 per barrel) it'll be hard for Strome and co to blame JT.  Somehow I think they will try.

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Not worth the negative costs to humans across the globe......

Environmental migrants or climate refugees[a] are people who are forced to leave their home region due to sudden or long-term changes to their local environment.

hese claims have gained significant currency, with the most common projection being that the world will have 150–200 million climate change refugees by 2050.These claims have gained significant currency, with the most common projection being that the world will have 150–200 million climate change refugees by 2050.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_migrant

:picard: Canada's climate contribution will not be the main cause of that. All you're doing is killing opportunities. You seem to be supportive of first nations leaders when it aligns with what you want, but when its not you post this kind of stuff. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Then If TECK doesn't go forward with the project because the prices aren't there (north of $70 -$75 per barrel) it'll be hard for Strome and co to blame JT.  Somehow I think they will try.

oh probably. But at least the support was there. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

:picard: Canada's climate contribution will not be the main cause of that. All you're doing is killing opportunities. You seem to be supportive of first nations leaders when it aligns with what you want, but when its not you post this kind of stuff. 

I realize that you and other climate change deniers don't like to read and respect Science but....

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/methane-emissions-from-oil-and-gas-may-be-significantly-underestimated/

The fossil fuel industry may be responsible for a much greater share of the world’s methane emissions than previously estimated, according to new research that could intensify urgency around curbing the potent gas from oil and gas production.

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I realize that you and other climate change deniers don't like to read and respect Science but....

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/methane-emissions-from-oil-and-gas-may-be-significantly-underestimated/

The fossil fuel industry may be responsible for a much greater share of the world’s methane emissions than previously estimated, according to new research that could intensify urgency around curbing the potent gas from oil and gas production.

why do you post this stuff? 

Canada's specific contribution to global greenhouse emissions is 1.6% (https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/services/environmental-indicators/global-greenhouse-gas-emissions.html).

Changes are going to happen with or without us. All you're doing is killing jobs. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

why do you post this stuff? 

Canada's specific contribution to global greenhouse emissions is 1.6% (https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/services/environmental-indicators/global-greenhouse-gas-emissions.html).

Changes are going to happen with or without us. All you're doing is killing jobs. 

17e1c7ce02ddf2b2f365472a4a352562.gif

• Wat 1

43 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I’m curious to know what you do for work?

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I want Canada to have jobs and industry. I particularly want first nations people to be able to get out of the devastating poverty cycle. You seem to value vague notions of being a climate activist but all you're doing is giving more opportunity to the Saudi's and Russia to sell oil and have our own people hurt. Give your head a shake man, and think about the consequences of what you're talking about. And spare me the climate spew, if the Cree first nation is OK with the project you should be too. 

careful Jimmy,  you are starting to sound like a Conservative with posts like this  ;)

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Do you work ?  Do you enjoy hiking  / fishing. / wading our local flows..... ?

Yup I enjoy a successful career

and I love the outdoors probably more than most people but you are evading my question and now I’m beginning to believe you might be hiding something because you are so reluctant to tell me. Maybe that you are a...hypocrite?

Edited by Pickly
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

Yup I enjoy a successful career

and I love the outdoors probably more than most people but you are evading my question and now I’m beginning to believe you might be hiding something because you are so reluctant to tell me. Maybe that you are a...hypocrite?

Believe whatever you want.  I could care less.    You should start to believe in Science though and get informed about climate change.....

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Believe whatever you want.  I could care less.    You should start to believe in Science though and get informed about climate change.....

Don’t worry Greta got her message across clear as day!:rolleyes:

Edited by Pickly
  • Cheers 1

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

I sure hope so.  Seeing the iconic  salmon runs here in BC rivers disappear have been a real eye opener for many of us.....

Lol you do realize that a lot of that is because of overfishing. But hey man, you keep preaching on here. You are such a gem. I really hope that you are down on those front lines with the other protesters getting your point across. You know, actually trying to make a difference..how’s the sustainable lifestyle going btw?

• Haha 1

Just now, Pickly said:

Lol you do realize that a lot of that is because of overfishing. But hey man, you keep preaching on here. You are such a gem. I really hope that you are down on those front lines with the other protesters getting your point across. You know, actually trying to make a difference..how’s the sustainable lifestyle going btw?

You need to turn your anger into something positive.  Go volunteer on the DTES or  help out as a sunday school teaching assistant. It will help you with your issues. 

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

You need to turn your anger into something positive.  Go volunteer on the DTES or  help out as a sunday school teaching assistant. It will help you with your issues. 

You never answered my initial question..

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

The problem is that Science, especially this branch of science , hasnt always been correct . Science used to teach that little rocks fell slower than big rocks, science used to teach that the planets rotated around the earth,  etc etc etc . And even now more than ever, science has become political depending on who is funding the grants as to which results get published.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Pickly said:

You never answered my initial question..

At least we have some positive news coming out now today....

A number of Wet’suwet’en supporters have blocked CN Rail tracks in east Vancouver on Sunday afternoon.

About two dozen people stood on a set of rail tracks located near Venables and Clark on Sunday beginning around noon, as a show of solidarity for Wet’suwet’en hereditary chiefs who are currently fighting the construction of the Coastal GasLink pipeline on their traditional territory in northern B.C.

Vancouver police officers reportedly visited the blockade shortly after it formed. There are no arrests reported at this time.

The anti-pipeline protesters have said they are prepared to stay the night.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/wetsuweten-supporters-block-cn-rail-tracks-in-east-vancouver

Edited by kingofsurrey