The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nova Scotia shooter dead after killing 22 people/CDN Govt "assault style" weapons ban.

nuckin_futz

12 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you keep setting impossibly high bars for new gun laws. I was very specific about police responding to a complaint, you just don't like the answer. 

Whats messed up is something reasonable like police using the standard bar of "reasonable grounds" is too far for you to have someone check out a report of a potential illegal gun stockpile. 

I'll remind you, its up to you the gun owner to convince me the 8/10 other people in Canada that you need these things. So far you're not doing a very good job.

All you said was the complaint needs to be "verified", whatever that means.  

How would one go to verify such claim?  Sure, you can interview said individual.... but it's all hearsay.  All you have provided so far is somehow the police will do it right somehow.  So right, like how they prevented the NS shooter... oh wait...

Supposedly hearsay is now sufficient in issuing warrants to tear apart someone's home?  

In regards to investigating... stop beating around the bushes and tell me what you envision as "reasonable".  I've laid out what a hypothetical scenario could curtail, and asked was it justified.... twice.  It's a simple yes or no.  If no, then provide what you deem as sufficient.  

Once again you really need to educate yourself in regards to firearms law.  When you apply for a license, you have to have completed the R/PAL, have a background/criminal records check, you have to provide at least 2 character references, you even need to have any and all previous common-law/spouse to vouch for you.  On top of all that, you are processed every single day to make you have not committed any criminal offenses that should disqualify you from owning a firearm.  Throw in firearm storage laws, ATT requirements, be subjected to a check from the firearms officer, etc.... LAGO are already more compliant with the law than the average Canadian.  

As for me proving why I wish to own firearms... you still haven't convinced any firearms owner why they shouldn't have any firearms.  So far it's pretty much criminals and non-licensed owners doing stuff and somehow people who are law abide is supposed to be somehow apart of it.  As I said before, it's like blaming the local pharmacists about the meth epidemic..... the connection is so stretched out, it's basically non-existent.  

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Lancaster said:

All you said was the complaint needs to be "verified", whatever that means.  

How would one go to verify such claim?  Sure, you can interview said individual.... but it's all hearsay.  All you have provided so far is somehow the police will do it right somehow.  So right, like how they prevented the NS shooter... oh wait...

Supposedly hearsay is now sufficient in issuing warrants to tear apart someone's home?  

In regards to investigating... stop beating around the bushes and tell me what you envision as "reasonable".  I've laid out what a hypothetical scenario could curtail, and asked was it justified.... twice.  It's a simple yes or no.  If no, then provide what you deem as sufficient.  

Once again you really need to educate yourself in regards to firearms law.  When you apply for a license, you have to have completed the R/PAL, have a background/criminal records check, you have to provide at least 2 character references, you even need to have any and all previous common-law/spouse to vouch for you.  On top of all that, you are processed every single day to make you have not committed any criminal offenses that should disqualify you from owning a firearm.  Throw in firearm storage laws, ATT requirements, be subjected to a check from the firearms officer, etc.... LAGO are already more compliant with the law than the average Canadian.  

As for me proving why I wish to own firearms... you still haven't convinced any firearms owner why they shouldn't have any firearms.  So far it's pretty much criminals and non-licensed owners doing stuff and somehow people who are law abide is supposed to be somehow apart of it.  As I said before, it's like blaming the local pharmacists about the meth epidemic..... the connection is so stretched out, it's basically non-existent.  

But the fact is, I don't need to do that. 8/10 people in Canada want more gun control. Our discussion to this point hasn't moved me off that position at all. I haven't seen anything yet in this thread from the gun lobby or enthusiasts that provide more solitons, just excuses as to why one idea or another won't work. 

I don't need to educate myself, you need to educate me. Tell me something that would help reduce gun crime if you don't like my suggestions. 

58 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

But the fact is, I don't need to do that. 8/10 people in Canada want more gun control. Our discussion to this point hasn't moved me off that position at all. I haven't seen anything yet in this thread from the gun lobby or enthusiasts that provide more solitons, just excuses as to why one idea or another won't work. 

I don't need to educate myself, you need to educate me. Tell me something that would help reduce gun crime if you don't like my suggestions. 

I have repeatedly. Invest in fighting gangs and stopping guns and drugs coming over the border. 

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Here @Jimmy McGill I know how much you love my memes.

FB_IMG_1590267818261.jpg

i honestly hope these kind of cherry picked, meaninglessly simplified memes are just you being a pain and that you don't actually believe them. Also, it's fewer guns, not 'less guns'. And safer, not 'more safe'. I can tell what kind of twat wrote this :)

21 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I have repeatedly. Invest in fighting gangs and stopping guns and drugs coming over the border. 

specifics  - how? what can we do to track the guns coming over?

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Here @Jimmy McGill I know how much you love my memes.

sometimes they are a kicker.

I thought we were talking about Canada here? Not sure what Houston vs Chicago adds to the Canadian context. 

I'm being mocked by some here, but the facts are the Canadian Association of Police Chiefs agree with my stance on long guns. I guarantee you most people would want a credible report of an illegal stockpile SHOULD be reasonable grounds for a search. If we need to amend the criminal code (which i don't think we do) so be it. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, inane said:

i honestly hope these kind of cherry picked, meaninglessly simplified memes are just you being a pain and that you don't actually believe them. Also, it's fewer guns, not 'less guns'. And safer, not 'more safe'. I can tell what kind of twat wrote this :)

But check the numbers and forget about his grammar. Problem is it doesn't fit your narrative. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

specifics  - how? what can we do to track the guns coming over?

Better border security. This buy back is 1 billion dollars. Fund better border security. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

sometimes they are a kicker.

I thought we were talking about Canada here? Not sure what Houston vs Chicago adds to the Canadian context. 

I'm being mocked by some here, but the facts are the Canadian Association of Police Chiefs agree with my stance on long guns. I guarantee you most people would want a credible report of an illegal stockpile SHOULD be reasonable grounds for a search. If we need to amend the criminal code (which i don't think we do) so be it. 

I actually don't want it to have any comparison to the US because they are a unique dump all on their own. The problem is the prime minister and many other have made the American comparison to scare people to believe this undemocratic attempt of stealing. 

24 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

But check the numbers and forget about his grammar. Problem is it doesn't fit your narrative. 

so you do :wacko:

without sources those numbers could be complete bs but you just believe them? ok.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Just check the numbers. 

lol. you post the dumb meme with no sources and expect me to go fact check multiple different sources to confirm it?

how about i just ignore it cause it's bs

lol

2 minutes ago, inane said:

lol. you post the dumb meme with no sources and expect me to go fact check multiple different sources to confirm it?

how about i just ignore it cause it's bs

lol

You should but you can't. 

Maybe it's already been checked out.B)

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You should but you can't. 

Maybe it's already been checked out.B)

can't cause the numbers are bs? 

if it has, post the source. 

otherwise here's a fact I read!

100% of memes are complete bs and cherry picked garbage.

No source, but it's your job to go prove me wrong.

Edited by inane
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, inane said:

can't cause the numbers are bs? 

if it has, post the source. 

otherwise here's a fact I read!

100% of memes are complete bs and cherry picked garbage.

No source, but it's your job to go prove me wrong.

No usually if I see a meme that makes me wonder I check it out. 

58 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I actually don't want it to have any comparison to the US because they are a unique dump all on their own. The problem is the prime minister and many other have made the American comparison to scare people to believe this undemocratic attempt of stealing. 

fair enough. It is a cautionary tale tho about relaxing gun laws, no one here should want us to bring in a "2nd amendment" like they have.