The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

I hope you don't actually mean that.

Anyways, the Texans can thank the Pats for giving them the game. Absolute joke of an attempt to hold a FOURTEEN POINT fourth quarter lead. Pathetic. It almost looked like it was fixed. Their offence did nothing. Their secondary is garbage as usual.

Nice to see the Vikes play a good game, to bad it was against a spiralling giants team playing for nothing. Packers look really good heating up at the right time. Sad to see the season come to an end even if playoffs are coming. I really enjoy watching a bunch of games every Sunday.

Nice to see the Vikes play a good game, to bad it was against a spiralling giants team playing for nothing. Packers look really good heating up at the right time. Sad to see the season come to an end even if playoffs are coming. I really enjoy watching a bunch of games every Sunday.

Hats off to the Houston Texans on a great season. They deserved a better fate. Schaub and Johnson are 2 very underrated and under appreciated players.

Now that the teams are set, predictions anyone? Lets see if anyone can make a perfect prediction.

AFC:

Bengals over Jets

Pats over Ravens in a very close game

Chargers over Pats - Chargers finally get over the hump and beat the Pats

Colts over Bengals

Chargers over Colts by a last minute FG

NFC:

Eagles over Cowboys

Green Bay over the Cards

Eagles over Saints - run and gun game

Vikings over Packers - in a thriller

Vikings over Eagles - in a close one

Super Bowl:

Chargers over Vikings

Super Bowl MVP: Philip Rivers

What do you guys think?

Besides the Titans not making the playoffs, I actually like all the teams, beside the Colts that made the playoffs. Well not really a fan of the Jets, but they aren't going to do much though. Although I think it would be awesome if they ended up playing the Colts somehow and knocked them off. But Im going for Chargers all the way. I also made some bets for my friend when I was in Vegas and it has Vikings winning the NFC on one ticket and the superbowl on another.

Wow I can't believe the Jets made the playoffs :blink: they can thank the Colts for that one! and also the Bengals for not giving a rats azz about the last game.

Almost as shocking as the Dolphins winning the division last year!

I do think though Cinncy will show up for the playoff game I expect this to be an extremely tight low scoring affair.

Cinncy takes it with home field adv.

Bengals 19 Jets 16

Im going to go on record and say Minnesota will win the superbowl this is my pick this year!

The Colts disgusted me with the decision to rest players and not go for the perfect season and this is coming from a Dolphins fan who roots for the 72 record to stay intact every year!!!!! I want the Colts to go down HARD! I hate them after that! no pride at all they don't deserve the superbowl for pulling s**T like that! poor fans who paid to go to that game!!

Predictions based on absolutely nothing:

Dallas vs. Philadelphia

Arizona vs. Green Bay

New Orleans vs. Green Bay

Minnesota vs. Dallas

Minnesota vs. Green Bay

----

New England vs. Baltimore

Cincinatti vs. New York Jets

Indianapolis vs. Baltimore

San Diego vs. Cincinatti

Indianapolis vs. San Diego

----

Minnesota vs. San Diego

aaaand

my predictions based on a coin flip:

Dallas vs. Philadelphia

Arizona vs. Green Bay

New Orleans vs. Philadelphia

Minnesota vs. Green Bay

Minnesota vs. Philadelphia

----

New England vs. Baltimore

Cincinatti vs. New York Jets

Indianapolis vs. Cincinatti

San Diego vs. New England

New England vs. Cincinatti

----

New England vs. Philadelphia

Repeat of Superbowl 39. Not effing likely.

The more I think about it, the more I'm disliking the fact that Thomas Jones got snubbed from the pro bowl. For the second consectituve year he played on a different level and even though his age rises, 31, he has only gotten better. He was 14 yards shy of second total rushing, 3rd overall, and the guy consistently played against 8 in the box considering he had a rookie QB in front of him. It was pretty obvious they were going to run it most of the time, and he still got it done.

Archived