The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Playstation 3 Thread

Comfortably_Numb

I actually am surprised. EA is the publisher, so with the economy the way it is, you'd think they'd force Valve to port it to PS3 so they could get more $$$. And if they asked and Valve said no (likely) I wouldn't be shocked if EA is looking for another developer to make a spinoff of some sort for the PS3, like what Kojima is doing with MGS: Rising.

What EA did with Orange Box is Valve of course made it (and it is awesome) EA ported it themselves and it turned out a crappy and glitchy game

They won't force Valve to do anything, Valve and Gabe know what there doing EA can't do anything to them or make a spinoff of some sort because it won't turn out good, after the Orange Box fiasco they won't risk porting it to PS3

Well, with EA being EA, they won't give a damn if the game sucks, why, because people will buy it just because then they can say they've played a L4D game too, and if EA doesn't know that, they need to smarten the f*ck up. I know if they port it, even if the reviews suck, I will at least rent it.

Honestly, both systems have their exclusives, and of late the PS3 is starting to show more than the 360, and it used to be the other way around. Those who have both consoles are lucky as f*ck, but I chose PS3 for a few reasons. Free online and blu-ray were a couple, but I knew the exclusives were coming as well. Finally, my best friend has a PS3 and I've been a PlayStation gamer all my life.

I always played PS1 at my previously mentioned friend's house, my first console was a PS2, and then I got a PSP and PS3. I was contemplating getting a 360, knowing I'd be able to pay for XBL because of the money I earn from reffing, but I tried the controller and didn't like the layout. Now that $60 that I'd be paying for online can go to DLC to make my games even better, so I feel I made the right choice.

And metaphoracle, I'm gonna agree. The devs that have taken on the challenge of the PS3 have found the rewards. Another lazy dev is Ubisoft. They're making the new Splinter Cell for 360, PC and NINTENDO DS!?!?!? Yes, you read that right.

EA has been falling as the top developer, marketer, publisher and distributor of video games

Activision and other companys are starting to become bigger and more sucessful than EA, EA is doing a "GM" type thing and changing the way they do things they won't make a L4D port and neither will Valve, but you never know things could change.

I think eventually if you can you should get a 360, having both consoles is awesome you get to enjoy both systems and there exclusives and laugh at the things stupid fanboys say, Although XBL cost money its the same as buying a game 60$ for a fine service for a year

Even thought Valve is lazy to learn the architecture of the PS3 I could care less because every game they make is gold in its own way

But come on Valve its been a fracking decade where is Half-Life 2: Episode 3 or Half-Life 3 you lazy bastards!

i wouldn't trust EA to clean my shoes. The comparison to GM is bang on. Put out as many unfinished products asap then come out with sequels instead of fixing the broken crap. They know they get paid at the sale only, so why fix what's already been sold?

And Valve isn't lazy. They're just a bunch of freaking perfectionists. The problem isn't that they aren't working on these games; the problem is that they won't STOP working on these games. Valve make it worth it to have a PC. I wouldn't waste time with any of their games that have been ported to console, regardless of how good a job they do. They design these games for PC, and for a community of modders. Consoles just don't lend themselves to that. If they port to xbox it's because the games are designed for windows anyway, so a port probably isn't that much added effort. The PS3 is a whole new architecture and doesn't support the type of community that the game was designed for so why effing bother?

Archived