The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Playstation 3 Thread

Comfortably_Numb

Analyst: Gears of War 3 on PS3 a possibility

I don't know about you, but I find Gear's gameplay rather shallow and the SP campaign disappointingly short, granted the game is 3 years old. Likewise, The MP is rather generic for me, especially as a fan of Epic's Unreal Tournament. But that is not to say the game is bad. The graphics are still top-notch in my opinion and the campaign has really great atmosphere. I don't know much about Gears 2 though because I have yet to unwrap my copy :mellow: .

on a side note - I'm happy to see the PSN cards finally hit because PSN has never accepted ONE credit card i have ever tried to register..... seriously it's retarded. and I don't need hints on entering my full address, etc... i've tried it all and they are f*ked.. first time anyones ever NOT wanted my money what a laugh...

other than that i'm enjoying some fifa 09 cuz superstore dropped it to 20 bucks..... good stuff.

been playing COD4 alot but holy crap did they never learn to patch so that ppl can't use frag X3 ?? this better be available in MW2... Cod is still a pinnacle FPS but they need to have more options to restrict ppl with frag X3, martyr noob, noobtubes, etc.... I don't care but it's lame when you have a good game going and some guy switches to his noob tube to win the game... especially in S&D...

think im going back to KZ2 for a bit....

on a side note - I'm happy to see the PSN cards finally hit because PSN has never accepted ONE credit card i have ever tried to register..... seriously it's retarded. and I don't need hints on entering my full address, etc... i've tried it all and they are f*ked.. first time anyones ever NOT wanted my money what a laugh...

other than that i'm enjoying some fifa 09 cuz superstore dropped it to 20 bucks..... good stuff.

been playing COD4 alot but holy crap did they never learn to patch so that ppl can't use frag X3 ?? this better be available in MW2... Cod is still a pinnacle FPS but they need to have more options to restrict ppl with frag X3, martyr noob, noobtubes, etc.... I don't care but it's lame when you have a good game going and some guy switches to his noob tube to win the game... especially in S&D...

think im going back to KZ2 for a bit....

ya im not sure if i would add the option to remove juggernoob..... i actually don't like it but its not much better than stopping power, except in a map with random frags and noob tubes, i can't blame someone for using juggernaut, seriously..... i don't but i can't blame em... plus a smg/juggernaut combo is a snipers nightmare and snipers shouldn't dominate a game either......

but about that red cross.... doesn't that red cross come up when you shoot someone anyway?? i thought that always happend?

Nope, but I thought the demo was awesome, that's some unreal physics that have going on. Plus when you factor in that historically Fight Night Demos are usually quite inferior to the actual release, the game is shaping up well.

I'm have decided though if I'm going to get it for PS3 or 360. The 360 joystick seems better for punching, but the layout of the PS3 controller for the game is better overall. (with all that various buttons you need to press)

This is the same with a lot of games. I believe most EA employees, specifically game directors and such own 360s so PS3 owners always get the short stick when it comes to that stuff. They're just too lazy to add it in, but one of their developers, Criterion, made sure no one is left out with Burnout because PS3 gets custom music and it's awesome.

Archived