The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

kaaang :(

damn arlovski was winning the fight and then he thought he would go in for the hollywood kung fu kick. First time ive seen a guy get knocked out in mid air and then land on his head. I thought he just slipped and fell on his head at first. :huh:

That was a lucky Hail Mary of a punch if I've ever seen one but you can't argue with the results. Some people {like Freddie Roach} knock Fedor for his seeming lack of boxing skills but don't seem to realize that his awkwardness and ability to get power without a long windup go a long way toward compensating for that.

fail

What else do you call it when the guy threw it while bent way over at the waist and was staring at his opponenets knees? Especially when it landed right on the button like that, against an opponent with better boxing skills. That second wild swing he threw after Arlovski was falling suggests that he didn't expect to get his money's worth out of that first punch and didn't know until it was too late where Arlovski's head was actually at.

I don't think he expected to knock Arlovski out with that punch, but how could you call it a Hail Mary if he was going to throw another one after it? On a somewhat related note, I find Fedor's punching style to be very strange. It seems like it's everything they teach you not to do.

What else do you call it when the guy threw it while bent way over at the waist and was staring at his opponenets knees? Especially when it landed right on the button like that, against an opponent with better boxing skills. That second wild swing he threw after Arlovski was falling suggests that he didn't expect to get his money's worth out of that first punch and didn't know until it was too late where Arlovski's head was actually at.

He did the exact same punch on Crocop a couple of years ago. Fedor rarely ever misses when he punches. And they always look a lot less devastating than the outcome shows.

Arlovski and his glass jaw..:lol: To be fair I think just about anyone would have been knocked out by a punch like that, but I definitely called this one: First round straight KO. Who cares if Arlovski was winning the FIRST round, he got his donkey handed to him.

He did the exact same punch on Crocop a couple of years ago. Fedor rarely ever misses when he punches. And they always look a lot less devastating than the outcome shows.

I've never seen that fight, what's "exact same", did Fedor go and throw it while leaning over and staring at the mat and chin Crocop for a KO?

Finally watched Affliction...

Scary stuff with Lindland. He was clueless. What a crazy knock win for Vitor! And he even glorified the name of JESUS!! :lol:

Crazy finish to the AA/Fedor fight. Looked like AA had a solid gameplan but got cheeky and wound up face first on the mat. The guy always finds a way to win, eh?? Love it! Fedor is THE MAN! Hail mary punch my a$$!! That was just PERFCTLY timed. Just awesome stuff.

Please come to the UFC Fedor.

Edited by Johnny.