The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Pride was bigger than UFC is now in europe and Asia. UFC is an anglo promotion. They may have intentions on being world wide. But their product doesn't deliver for worldwide audiences. It's kind of like american football. Has great appeal here and in the states. NFL europe failed as well. Look back at the last card. Instead of making it good. They attempted to make it more poignant by using 40 % canadian fighters. I love Canadian fighters. But I don't care that they are fighting in Canada. I would rather have had better fights than some national pride. I want events with cache instead of events for the sake of having events.

Couldn't agree more. I thought having a GSP card in Canada was awesome, but otherwise they overdo it with the Canada thing, and should just focus on delivering consistently good matchups regardless of the venue. The past UFC would've been a lot better that way (though I think also that I'm starting to tire of Anderson's antics as well).

Here's a thought....

UFC 102 is August 28 in Portland, Ore. This is a very affordable trip if anybody's looking to go down for the weekend.

Say a Thursday - Sunday trip (5 1/2 hr drive)

Tickets - $75-$100 per person

Gas - $150 (split however many ways)

Hotel - $120 a night (again, split however many ways)

Just add some cash for food, booze, etc. My wife and our other married couple friends are considering it.

So.....

Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin added to UFC 101!! Wow! They're making Anderson move up again to 205 due to his lacklustre performances at 185. :lol:

Like he cares, I'm sure he takes this one too.

Nice! Should be a great fight.

Anderson has bored me his last 4 fights.

You mean last 2 fights....

Because his fight against Irvin was fast and good

And his fight against Hendo was epic.

If those fights bored you, you should stop watching because you must get bored alot.

Dana said that he was going to sign a Middleweight that would blow everyones minds. I wonder who that could be. The only person that would really blow my mind would be Cung Le and Dana already said it's not Cung Le. So who is it? Vitor Belfort?

Dana said that he was going to sign a Middleweight that would blow everyones minds. I wonder who that could be. The only person that would really blow my mind would be Cung Le and Dana already said it's not Cung Le. So who is it? Vitor Belfort?

I think it'll be Ralph Macchio with marbles in his pockets.

maybe Gegard Mousasi

OR

ME...the NEXT Ric Flair

_111g.gif

Vitor would be huge.

Manhoef maybe? But if he gets taken down its over for him.

Phil Baroni? That isnt that big of a signing.

Not sure who else is still relevant for the average fan to think it's a huge signing.

Vitor would be huge.

Not sure who else is still relevant for the average fan to think it's a huge signing.

If you want a good laugh Google the Infamous Phil Baroni weightlifting video in google video.

Kalib Starnes!!!!!!!!!!

That would blow some minds, right?

Its King Mo Lawal (Speculation)

Edited by CanuckinEdm

Vitor would be huge.

The thing with Manhoef is that his matches rarely go past round 1 in MMA fights, usually winning via TKO or KO. But as you said, he's terrible on the ground. That being said, I doubt it's him as he's got a fight on May 16 in Amsterdam. Can't see Dana signing anyone with an upcoming bout. Manhoef also isn't a middleweight either, he's a light heavy or heavy weight.