The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Is this fight already scheduled? I assumed Velasquez would fight Carwin next and most likely lose.

After defeating Nelson, JDS became the #1 HW contender. Carwin and Nelson are fighting at UFC 125, so I would assume JDS gets a chance at Velasquez next.

Edited by Raymond #21

After defeating Nelson, JDS became the #1 HW contender. Carwin and Nelson are fighting at UFC 125, so I would assume JDS gets a chance at Velasquez next.

Yeah thats how it is happening.

I dunno who in the HW division brock could face....Brendan Schaub maybe? Lol.

you could be right, the last 2 fights have shown how "green" Lesnar really is when it comes to MMA. It will be interesting to see who he fights next. And if he loses his next fight like he did tonight I see his MMA career in the UFC over.

He still looks like a freak of nature whenever he dominates someone.

Where has Cain Velasquez been this whole time? Lesnar has been champion for about two years now, and then suddenly he gets pummeled. WTF?

Edited by SlayerS_BoxeR

The thing with Lesnar is he's been fighting for only about 2 years. He was thrown in against top competition right away and has barely had any chance to work on upgrading his skills. He hasn't fought tougher and tougher competition on his way to the title, he fought world-class competition right from the get go. I think his next fight needs to be against someone who's not in the title picture to see if he actually has the ability to be an MMA fighter.

I don't think Brock thought he could stand with Cain. I'm sure he knew he couldn't. Problem is he took Cain down and he got back up right away. Later in the fight he had Cain's back standing and Cain broke free. I think Lesnar got rattled when that happened and forgot his game plan.

I don't think Brock thought he could stand with Cain. I'm sure he knew he couldn't. Problem is he took Cain down and he got back up right away. Later in the fight he had Cain's back standing and Cain broke free. I think Lesnar got rattled when that happened and forgot his game plan.

Yeah when Cain got up from the takedown I had that feeling that it was Cains fight. I have to watch the fight again had a few too many and dont remember the fight too well