The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Lesnar pulls out of his fight against Dos Santos with the same illness from before.

Carwin will move up to the main event and take on Dos Santos. Still a great matchup but the card just got a lot weaker without Lesnar.

Samk: Brashear fight was posted awhile back.

Lesnar pulls out of his fight against Dos Santos with the same illness from before.

Carwin will move up to the main event and take on Dos Santos. Still a great matchup but the card just got a lot weaker without Lesnar.

Samk: Brashear fight was posted awhile back.

:shock: God Damn it! Was really looking forward to seeing him in Vancouver.

At least Carwin and Dos Santos will be more of a stand-up fight.

Twitter Bonus: :frantic:

With more than 1.4 million followers, UFC president Dana White knows the power of Twitter.

And he wants his fighters to harness it.

So the mixed martial arts organization is challenging UFC and Strikeforce fighters to get creative with the social media tool.

The more than 300 fighters were briefed on the plan at this week's fighter summit in Las Vegas.

According to a UFC official, the UFC and Strikeforce fighters will be divided into four groups depending on their number of Twitter followers.

Every three months, the groups will be judged on most followers, largest percentage increase in followers and most creative tweets.

The winners in each category in each group will get US$5,000.

"Wait for it... fighters are gonna flood twitter," tweeted English welterweight Dan (The Outlaw) Hardy. "They just mentioned the incentive program and everyone picked up their phones."

The plan will cost the UFC US$240,000 a year.

If the fighters are like White, they will have almost free rein.

The UFC boss, who clearly loves the ease and immediacy of conversing with fans on Twitter, pulls no punches. And he usually needs far fewer than 140 characters to make his point.

In one moment, he'll say hello to a new tweeter -- "welcome to twitter bill!!" -- or agree with a fan -- "I hear ya bro." Then he'll drop the hammer -- or an F-bomb.

http://tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=365519

I think most of the fighters are 10 or more lbs over the weighr they're listed at. I believe that the weigh-ins should be on the same day as the fight.

I think they're all well over the weight they are supposedly fighting at.

A friend of mine is a little over 220 and looks like he'd fit in amongst the middle weights.

sucks that lesnar is out.. people will be askin for refunds for sure.. that price they charge is for lesnar.. $245 for upper.. was like $180 last yr..

it says on the ticket

card subject to change

it happens. Im a little disappointed but it will be a great fight regardless.

just shows how shallow the heavy-weight division is in the UFC.

The Dos Santos fight is for the number one contender spot but both Lesnar and Carwin are coming off title fight loses.

imo a fighter should win 2 or 3 fights after losing in a title fight in order for another shot, unless of course there was a draw or a bad decision.

Thats why im so glad the UFC bought Strikeforce, who arguably has a deeper cast of heavy-weights.

Seriously Carwin Vs Einemo? Get Overeem here.

<br />i wanna call him a pu$$y lol but he's a true mixed martial artist. Which is a good thing. But i personally dislike gsp. The guy fights not to lose, and i can't appreciate that.<br />

I've heard this a million times and I'll basically reply with the same comment I used on his facebook page against the 'haters' which received over 20+ likes.

He fights to win and fights to be the best and plays to his advantages and if that means a more defensive apporach or whatever the case may be then so be it. There's nothing wrong with what he's doing. Winning and being the best is the primary goal, entertaining the fans is secondary. The moment you forget that you're handing over your title to the guy that just knocked you out.

I've heard this a million times and I'll basically reply with the same comment I used on his facebook page against the 'haters' which received over 20+ likes.

He fights to win and fights to be the best and plays to his advantages and if that means a more defensive apporach or whatever the case may be then so be it. There's nothing wrong with what he's doing. Winning and being the best is the primary goal, entertaining the fans is secondary. The moment you forget that you're handing over your title to the guy that just knocked you out.

which is fine and dandy and i get that but as a fan, you dish out money hoping to see an entertaining fight. Having a defensive approach is one thing, but not even attempting to finsih and playing it safe on points is completely different. I can see why he fights that way. The guy has SOOOOO many endorsements, and he has more to lose then any other fighter in mma. But the guy keeps goin on and on, talking about his legacy and becoming the best ever. Well he's not gonna go down as the best ever fighting like that.

it says on the ticket

card subject to change

it happens. Im a little disappointed but it will be a great fight regardless.

i know.. u can see when the announcement was made, tons of tickets were available on cragslist for under face value.. :D