The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

It's on PPV. 50 bucks, which to me is too steep but considering the names on the card I think I'll probably order it. Or just watch the fights on Youtube after...

Edited by Panda

i havent decided where im going to watch affliction yet as im looking forward to seeing Dennis Kang fight this saturday first. Then the week after that its Arlovski/Fedor, Then the week after that its Penn vs GSP. 3 solid back to back weeks of MMA!

Every UFC, Dana White has some video blogs he does leading up to the fights. They show you some behind the scenes on what is occuring and Dana patting himself on the back on how rich he is by spending money and showing the world. So here is the 2 for UFC 93.

this is from Saturday:

from yesterday

this is the UFC channel if you want to keep up to date leading up to ufc93.

Afflicition has done a super crappy job of hyping up a ppv of a great fight with Fedor/Arlovski. The sad thing is that Arlovski is actually doing the hype himself on his youtube channel. :huh:

So instead of waiting for a UFC Countdown type of show for affliction it appears he makes his own countdown show and uploads it to his youtube account. So here it is: Arlovski getting ready for Fedor. Behind the scenes:

Andrei watching videos of Fedor at his house and writing down notes

Edited by Pfizer

I'm actually getting pretty damn psyched for the Franklin/Hendo match. Don't really know who to pick. I'm also psyched to see Denis debut!! And we're only TWO WEEKS away from GSP/BJ. Chills man!!

On another note, how bad does UFC 97 look in Montreal? Anderson vs Thales Leites?? This may be the worst main event in recent memory, even worse than Anderson/Cote or Hughes/Alves.

UFC 96 has a pretty weak looking card so far as well.... Carwin/Gonzaga?? Is that the main event?

I'm actually getting pretty damn psyched for the Franklin/Hendo match. Don't really know who to pick. I'm also psyched to see Denis debut!! And we're only TWO WEEKS away from GSP/BJ. Chills man!!

On another note, how bad does UFC 97 look in Montreal? Anderson vs Thales Leites?? This may be the worst main event in recent memory, even worse than Anderson/Cote or Hughes/Alves.

UFC 96 has a pretty weak looking card so far as well.... Carwin/Gonzaga?? Is that the main event?

yeah im pysched for 3 solid cards.

i think im anticipating coleman vs shogun the most for the next fight. But hendo vs franklin should be damn fun too.

I would be more hyped about penn/gsp but Arlovski vs Fedor is going to be crazy too. I hope Arlovski wins cause im going for the underdog here. I think someone needs to capatalize on the way fedor punches. Punching from the outside leaves him open and most people dont seem to have the skill to throw a good combination at him. We've seen that crocop backs off too much when in pressure. I hope Arlovski goes in the pocket and throws a haymaker that connects.

You know whats going to make Anderson Silva vs Leities suck even more ontop of the fact that Thales is a can, is the commentating. Where Anderson will come into the ring as some mma god, be fighting who they hype as the greatest middleweight contender in Thales and then after Anderson knocks him out joe and goldie will praise how awesome the fight was and how Anderson ko'ing a can was the greatest thing they ever witnessed like the Cote fight.

yeah im pysched for 3 solid cards.

i think im anticipating coleman vs shogun the most for the next fight. But hendo vs franklin should be damn fun too.

I would be more hyped about penn/gsp but Arlovski vs Fedor is going to be crazy too. I hope Arlovski wins cause im going for the underdog here. I think someone needs to capatalize on the way fedor punches. Punching from the outside leaves him open and most people dont seem to have the skill to throw a good combination at him. We've seen that crocop backs off too much when in pressure. I hope Arlovski goes in the pocket and throws a haymaker that connects.

You know whats going to make Anderson Silva vs Leities suck even more ontop of the fact that Thales is a can, is the commentating. Where Anderson will come into the ring as some mma god, be fighting who they hype as the greatest middleweight contender in Thales and then after Anderson knocks him out joe and goldie will praise how awesome the fight was and how Anderson ko'ing a can was the greatest thing they ever witnessed like the Cote fight.

Totally in agreement on the Anderson/Leites thingy. Goldberg really does suck him off when it comes to commentating. Almost makes me not like Anderson.... but how can ya not? Such a happy guy!! :lol: What's really annoying is how they consider Leites the #1 contender. Sure, he's one his last five fights (although the Marquardt fight was so terribly reffed), but who has he fought??? McFedries.... meh. Marquardt... sorry, Nate "won" that. Then before that he defeated the almighty Ryan Jensen, the overpowering Floyd Sword, and the immortal Pete Sell. Just goes to show how big a joke the Middleweight division is. They need Robbie Lawler badly.

And as crazy as it would be to see, AA will NOT beat Fedor. No way.

Not going to be able to catch the Affliction card. :(

I'm counting on a blow by blow on CDC. Maybe will see tomorrow's fight though, the early start vexes me though.

And Johnny I agree with you about the commentating, I've gotten a little sick of hearing the suckling sound of Anderson's dong moving in and out of Goldie and Joe's mouths. Can we please get this guy some competition? I thought Patrick Cote exceeded some expectations, but I had really wanted more out of Henderson. They really need to get Spider up into light heavyweight.

Not going to be able to catch the Affliction card. :(

I'm counting on a blow by blow on CDC. Maybe will see tomorrow's fight though, the early start vexes me though.

theres always internet streams to watch it on.. :ph34r:

What does Anderson Silva walk around at? (weight)

220. He said it in the irvin vs silva post conference. He needs to start fighting guys his own size.