The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Other than two couple quick successive jabs, BJ Penn did squat. The awesome thing is with all the hype, we KNOW how hard he trained, and his mouth did as much talking as he did at the gym. Still got annihilated. I was still worried going into the third round since BJ can counter at any time and squeeze out a win, but by the 4th round he just wanted it to end. His face must be on fire right now from all the elbows, hammerfists and jabs.

^^^^

Agreed. The whole time I kept saying... "It ain't over til it's over". But in the 4th round, GSP took him down so effortlessly, I knew it was over. That was the greatest domination anyone could ever ask for.

Now what, B.J.?? All that smack?? All that "quitter/female dog/mind game" bs and for what?? BJ looks like a complete tool now, and I have absolutey ZERO remorse for his sorry a$$. He got exactly what he deserved, and I hope KenFlo mops the floor with him as well.

Greatest night in MMA history IMO.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

who is the quitter? what happened to "fighting to the death"

mma sites reporting BJ skipped the post fight conference because he went to the hospital.

The same thing he made fun of GSP for in the first fight!

TAKE THAT!! oh revenge is sweet!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

I was surprised at how scared BJ looked in the fight. He looked like GSP was in his head. He was afraid to punch at the start.. he kept head faking and then walking back to the fence.. oddness.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

who is the quitter? what happened to "fighting to the death"

mma sites reporting BJ skipped the post fight conference because he went to the hospital.

The same thing he made fun of GSP for in the first fight!

TAKE THAT!! oh revenge is sweet!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

I was surprised at how scared BJ looked in the fight. He looked like GSP was in his head. He was afraid to punch at the start.. he kept head faking and then walking back to the fence.. oddness.

That made my night even better. :P

Ahh, "I'm going to leave GSP dead in the ring" those slow-mo's of his unusually large head bouncing off the mat were gold and even after all that GSP went up and talked to him which I can say personally I wouldn't have done.

8 of the 10 fights went to decision, Fitch won but I would have liked to of seen it

I didn't see the weight ins, did GSP look more filled in at fight time? The other matchups were solid but the main event was even more of a GSP walkover than I was expecting. I didn't believe the hype.

Gsp looked like he gained a good 10-15 lbs from yesterday to today.

What a dumb thing to say. Two completely different weight classes. Both dominate their respective divisions.

They may be in different weight classes. Reality dictates though that fedor has by far the most dominant record of all fighters. Has never actually lost an MMA fight. Had one fight stopped due to a cut. Which should have been considered a no contest, But since it was in a tournament they had to declare a winner so the next round would have a fighter. On the other hand GSP has lost badly before. Gsp needs to cut weight to fight in his weight class so that he can gain a size advantage. Fedor on the other hand is not at the top end of his weight class. He is in the bottom half of the weight class. The catch though is that GSP's division is quite competitive. I think GSP is a great fighter. One of the best. But Fedor is just different. He wins all of his fights he overcomes all adversity, including fighting two matches with a broken hand. He can win any way. Same as GSP in that regard. Mentally, Fedor is stronger. When I watch a GSP fight I watch him from the dressing room in. You can tell if he's going to have an off night just watching him walk in. When you watch Fedor you always think the same thing. Could this be the match where we finally see him beat??? So far I have never seen that night. Oh and my parting shot. GSP says Fedor is the man.

/rant

Edited by Harbinger

the ufc hype machine is in major overdrive. why is EVERY major fight now considered THE MOST ANTICIPATED FIGHT EVER!!! give me a break.

ufc is trailer trash as hell, there's no denying. but it can be entertaining in small doses, if joe rogan's on his game and the card is decent.

anyway, i caught most of the event tonight, and though i'm glad gsp one, i found the highlight of the night to be BJ Penn's entrance theme.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=HfrzjsxALFM&...feature=related

that sh*t is killer.

They may be in different weight classes. Reality dictates though that fedor has by far the most dominant record of all fighters. Has never actually lost an MMA fight. Had one fight stopped due to a cut. Which should have been considered a no contest, But since it was in a tournament they had to declare a winner so the next round would have a fighter. On the other hand GSP has lost badly before. Gsp needs to cut weight to fight in his weight class so that he can gain a size advantage. Fedor on the other hand is not at the top end of his weight class. He is in the bottom half of the weight class. The catch though is that GSP's division is quite competitive. I think GSP is a great fighter. One of the best. But Fedor is just different. He wins all of his fights he overcomes all adversity, including fighting two matches with a broken hand. He can win any way. Same as GSP in that regard. Mentally, Fedor is stronger. When I watch a GSP fight I watch him from the dressing room in. You can tell if he's going to have an off night just watching him walk in. When you watch Fedor you always think the same thing. Could this be the match where we finally see him beat??? So far I have never seen that night. Oh and my parting shot. GSP says Fedor is the man.

/rant

Basically what I was referring to who was buddy who said GSP is just "okay".