The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

hahaha 5-10 cm on wednesday ontop of what we get today

but the snows not really sticking right now it just looks like really fine table salt scattered everywhere

theres about a cm of it but when the wind picks up it blowws a lot of it away

It's sticking really well over here.

and now Environment Canada just issued a Snowfall warning.

Metro Vancouver

11:11 PM PST Saturday 13 December 2008

Snowfall warning for

Metro Vancouver issued

Persons in or near this area should be on the lookout for adverse weather conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Watch for updated statements.

Please refer to the latest public forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through your local radio and television stations or Weatheradio.

Fu*k , my road test is on wensday...

My friend just suggested that perhaps the testers will go easier on you because of the conditions, as long as you don't crash.

I doubt it, but at least you're almost guaranteed not to break the speed limit or go faster than 30 km/h in a school zone...

Update:

A weak low over southern Vancouver Island will continue to give periods of snow to East Vancouver Island..Greater Victoria..Southern Gulf Islands and sections of the Lower Mainland tonight. Total snowfall accumulations of 5 to 10 cm are expected overnight. Snow will taper to a few flurries Sunday morning.

Cold Arctic air over the British Columbia interior will continue to spill through the coastal valleys and inlets producing strong outflow winds and bitterly cold temperatures. Areas near mainland valleys and inlets of the north and central coasts can expect windchill below minus 20 degrees for the next few days. Strong northeasterly outflow winds gusting to 90 km/h will continue over Howe Sound tonight and Sunday.

Holy cow it's ridiculously windy and the wind is blowing the snow right at my bedroom window. It sounds like it's going to break my window any minute. All i can hear outside is the wind and the sound of tires screeching everywhere! I wonder if I should even bother to study for my exam at SFU on Tuesday. It might just get cancelled again :wacko:

Edited by hockeyville88