The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

4 hours ago, inane said:

And the road is plowed too!!

Stupid government likes cars better than pedestrians!!

:rolleyes:

To be fair... the number of cyclist is significantly less than pedestrians.  The number of people still biking in the snow will most likely be less the amount of people still walking in the snow.  

20 hours ago, inane said:

And the main roads get plowed so not sure what the problem is. 

You must be joking right?

Three weeks ago they had 10 trucks plowing overnight, while other 30 waited for morning to start.

10 trucks for largest city in B.C, it's laughable!

11 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Three weeks ago they had 10 trucks plowing overnight, while other 30 waited for morning to start.

Hey, sure, let's get more for these rare events.

And then when your taxes go up to pay for them and they sit idle year after year during non-icy/snowy winters, I'm sure you'll be first to whinge about wasted money on useless plows.

Can't win with people like you.

10 minutes ago, inane said:

Hey, sure, let's get more for these rare events.

And then when your taxes go up to pay for them and they sit idle year after year during non-icy/snowy winters, I'm sure you'll be first to whinge about wasted money on useless plows.

Can't win with people like you.

You are talking like it snows every 5 years or so.

I am ok with paying higher taxes for better public services, they waste money on stupid s....t anyways!

Plus those trucks could be used for other things, have you ever seen a garbage truck with a plow attached to it?

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

You are talking like it snows every 5 years or so.

I am ok with paying higher taxes for better public services, they waste money on stupid s....t anyways!

Plus those trucks could be used for other things, have you ever seen a garbage truck with a plow attached to it?

Right my point exactly. You'll whinge that they spend money on stupid $&!#e no matter how they spend it.

2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Its worsw where i live. We only have 3 city trucks

13 hours ago, inane said:

Lol how am I being complacent? 

Everyone knows that snow removal services in Vancouver are terrible.

My point is that it should be improved, how about using some of that surplus money?

You counterpoint is that I would complain if taxes go up, to which I said I wouldn't.

So it's either you don't care, you don't drive or you don't live in the city.

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Everyone knows that snow removal services in Vancouver are terrible.

My point is that it should be improved, how about using some of that surplus money?

You counterpoint is that I would complain if taxes go up, to which I said I wouldn't.

So it's either you don't care, you don't drive or you don't live in the city.

What surplus money? 

Why spend money on something that rarely happens when we could spend money on all the other things that are issues all the time? 

So there's some snow on the ground, deal with it. I drive and live here, I'm just not whining about it.

Edited by inane

1 minute ago, inane said:

What surplus money? 

Why spend money on something that rarely happens when we could spend money on all the other things that are issues all the time? 

So there's some snow on the ground, deal with it. I drive and live here, I'm just not whining about it.

What other issues?