The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Transit Thread

nitronuts

^ the $450-million shortfall would have happened regardless of who runs Translink. And at the end of day, and I mean with this circumstance, it will be the Mayors Council that decides on how this funding shortfall will be resolved...if at all.

Bus fare inspection yesterday.

It was at the Airport station.

LOL

" why are all these people leaving?"

The translink officer asked.

That's obvious.

They probably didn't pay their bus fare.

98 B-Line?

As much as I love the increased loading speeds of 3-door boarding, it was just a bad idea to start with in terms of fare evasion rates.

98 B-Line?

As much as I love the increased loading speeds of 3-door boarding, it was just a bad idea to start with in terms of fare evasion rates.

All-door boarding could probably apply to buses which are guaranteed packed with fare-paying people (like the 480, 43, 145, etc). Of course, that's already happening :P

Where's the shortfall for the new Port Mann Bridge and South Permiter Road? This goverment defines failure

Yes sir.

'Oh we're green and we love the environment.'

'Great so give us some money to build skytrain lines, expand bus service, build bike routes, etc..'

'Screw that! We need to build more highways!'

^ to be fair, the Gateway plan came in 4 years before the climate change plan did. The former was Falcon's idea, while the latter was Campbell's.

Anyhow, i too am disappointed the province isn't stepping in.

Edited by nitronuts

^ the $450-million shortfall would have happened regardless of who runs Translink. And at the end of day, and I mean with this circumstance, it will be the Mayors Council that decides on how this funding shortfall will be resolved...if at all.

The funding shortfall will never be resolved as Translink has been short changed since it was created.

If the NEvergreen line does get canned say bye bye to the federal money and I would suspect the UBC extension might get done in 20 years which would be 25 years to late.

The funding shortfall will never be resolved as Translink has been short changed since it was created.

If the NEvergreen line does get canned say bye bye to the federal money and I would suspect the UBC extension might get done in 20 years which would be 25 years to late.

Well, the funding shortfall did start with the NDP canceling plans to allow Translink put on a $100 annual levy on every car in the region.

I think the "threat" or implied threat from TransLink is so that they can get more funding. I really doubt it won't continue since the project is in the hands of the Provincial Government, which is already going through Environmental Assessments and Detailed Designs.

If there are so many fare evaders on the 98 and 99's why don't the transit cops stand by the doors and check tickets then... Not just onboard one bus.

Because the B-Lines have three door boarding. They'd need triple the staff.

Edited by Buggernut

Because the B-Lines have three door boarding. They'd need triple the staff.

those cops work in 2's anyway. They check boardings on the 2 rear doors while the driver checks the front...

They check boardings on the 2 rear doors while the driver checks the front...

If you had omitted a few words, I would've popped in a "that's what she said."

But yeah, that'd be one way to do it. Which is why it mystified me one time when a transit cop decided to fare-check one of those yellow Orion buses, which have only one door (at the very front). Chances are that the fare evasion rate for those buses are quite low.