The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I'd love to see Burr play with Kes more this year.20% of the players in the NHL would have breakout years with the sedins and to certain extent burr is waisted on the first line. I think it would be way easier to find someone else to play with hank and dan than it would be to find someone to play with Kes.Not that Kes is bad in anyway it`s just that of all the people on the team,Kes gels with Burr the best. Hey if the Sedins can bounce 34 goals off Anson Carter. they can do it with anybody. If I was AV, I would try all the new guys and a bunch of the regulars with the Sedins in the first month back and put Burr and Kes together on the second line.

he signed in the middle of his breakout season. but he was slated to become a free agent so he could have waited to test the market in july. he decided to get a deal done because he knew he wanted to remain in Van

Didn't he start playing with the Sedins after midseason as well? I remember lol'ing when he went on that tear to end the season, because he already locked himself down at a bargain price. Maybe I'm just remembering it wrong.

<br />I'd love to see Burr play with Kes more this year.20% of the players in the NHL would have breakout years with the sedins and to certain extent burr is waisted on the first line. I think it would be way easier to find someone else to play with hank and dan than it would be to find someone to play with Kes.Not that Kes is bad in anyway it`s just that of all the people on the team,Kes gels with Burr the best. Hey if the Sedins can bounce 34 goals off Anson Carter. they can do it with anybody. If I was AV, I would try all the new guys and a bunch of the regulars with the Sedins in the first month back and put Burr and Kes together on the second line.<br />

I remember Samuelsson playing pretty well with the twins a couple years ago.

Daniel-Henrik-Samuelsson

Burrows-Kesler - ?????? (Raymond/Higgins/Sturm/Hodgson etc.)

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't he start playing with the Sedins after midseason as well? I remember lol'ing when he went on that tear to end the season, because he already locked himself down at a bargain price. Maybe I'm just remembering it wrong.

He played with the Sedins the final 29 games of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

You can watch Hodgson all you want but Burrows is the guy I am keeping my eye on.His play changed last year and he stopped driving the net.The beauty tip ins were few and far between.He spent less time out front.Yes I know he started the seaon late becuase of the shoulder butI think Gillis telling him to cut down on his chippy play hurt him and he lost some of the cockiness he had.Say what you want but in the Boston series in the final 2 games he spent a ton of time away from the hard areas that he usually plays in.I actually saw him in game 6 skate to the side board and just stop and watch the play.I wish Gillis would just let Burrows bark so he gets some of his bite back.

• Upvote 2

I don't agree, he's going to have a good year starting healthy. He knows what needs to be done and has a smart hockey sense.

He fits well with the sedins, and didn't he have an interview this pre season sayng he knows he needs to go to the front of the net?

Edited by Kent242
  • Upvote 1