The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I know for a fact A.Burrows will not be able to keep this pace going into next year

If you've looked most of his goals 90% of them are garbage goals

90% of just over 20 goals means you feel he has scored about 2 real goals. Should the Canucks send a note to the NHL and have the other 18-19 of them washed from the GF stats and change the standings accordingly? None of those goals were likely "CLUTCH" in any way (tying or winning games for the Canucks). Right?

Every day or so there is a post that just seems to cry out for an IQ meter or similar screening device that does not allow the post to go through. Bradfordchow, brother of Clutch, you would win today's prize for that post.

I look forward to checking in your know FACTUAL KNOWLEDGE next season.

This really is my favourite thread :)

By a wide margin....me too! It so perfectly sums up that this board has a few good "fans" of the team that also have hockey knowledge.....these few are voices in a sea of bandwagoners, Flames fans, and those who know more about their X-Boxes and such than anything about the best game in the world.

If this board ever needed a poster child thread for all the things that make it as irrelevant as it is...this is the thread!

What a stupid, stupid thread. Had to laugh at the idiot who said 90% of them are garbage goals. What a moron.

Guess garbage goals don't count as goals. I guess every goal should be an end to ender with spinoramas and toe drags.

Ever played hockey son?

I'm starting to think all the Alex Burrows band wagoners are getting out of control.

Nobody can say A.Burrows has had a poor season but lets get real here you guys.

This is probably a prime example of a flukey season and I know for a fact A.Burrows

will not be able to keep this pace going into next year and the years after.

No you don't, and even if he only pops in 15 next year his salary still makes him worth it.

And the flukey season crap, sounds a lot like what people said about Bieksa 2 years ago.

I like A.Burrows work ethic but thats just about it. Now that he's on the 1st line, he's started

to lax off by not playing the gritty style that made him an asset to the canucks.

Wrong, he still registered 3 takeaways yesterday.

I'm gonna be blunt and it might hurt some of your feelings but its the truth Burrows is a one trick pony.

If you've looked most of his goals 90% of them are garbage goals reminiscent of A.Carter

Really? Show us the 18 goals that he put into an open net by waiting at the side of net?

Off the top of my head 4 or 5 of them were tip ins, 3 or 4 of them were shorthanded... another handful is by deking out the goalie.... 4 or 5 with a slapshot.... he scores all kinds of goals....haven't seen anson carter do that.

Once Burrows begins to struggle you'll all start to turn on him but don't tell me I didn't tell you so

And A.Burrows is not a $2 million dollar player 1.2.-1.3 MAX.

Who the frack do you think you are? why the frack would we care if you have told us so or not?

I'm gonna be blunt and it might hurt some of your feelings but its the truth Burrows is a one trick pony.

If you've looked most of his goals 90% of them are garbage goals reminiscent of A.Carter

Once Burrows begins to struggle you'll all start to turn on him but don't tell me I didn't tell you so

And A.Burrows is not a $2 million dollar player 1.2.-1.3 MAX.

O rly? Can u play hockey without scoring a garbage goal? Plus do u even watch the canucks? Ya Burrows gets garbage goals but not 90% percent of them idiot!! Every player gets garbage goals at times. Why do you think Burrows is not a 2 million dollar player? He can check, he can fight, and he can score goals.

Granted this post is pretty funny. However, it is not half as dumb as the guy who posted about Brodeur not being a good goalie and it was only because of NJ Devils "system" of play that made him "appear" good...or something along those lines.

If I wasn't lazy, I would look it up.