Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but I'll mention it again anyway:

Alexandre Burrows: 68GP 22G 18A 40PTS

Ryan Kesler: 68GP 20G 28A 48PTS

Markus Naslund: 70GP 21G 20A 41PTS

**cough** :unsure:

Well I am sure by now he has eaten his words, choked and died and is rotting away in his moms basement right now. Someone call the clean up crew, there is a nasty smell coming from his mouth

You'd think so, but no.

wow burrows is getting points with the sedins "Amazing"! There's a real shocker. Didn't Pyat get 26 goals last season?

Ok 23 goals with the sedins. Of course burrows is going to get points with them. Vignault had to put him with them cause he took kesler away from him. he'd be nothing without kesler. Vignault got french love for him.

Now, for some other gems:

Ok 23 goals with the sedins. Of course burrows is going to get points with them. Vignault had to put him with them cause he took kesler away from him. he'd be nothing without kesler. Vignault got french love for him.

yayy burrows is hurt

Enough about Burrows he's garbage....how bout we send him back to manitoba where he belongs.

why would i change my name? I still don't think burrows has the skill to be a third ling winger. And what worse is all these fluke goals this ding dong is getting is probably going to get him a 2 million dollar contract. I'll admit he's playing better(and that kills me) but were only 3 games deep so he'll have to do allot more for him to make me eat my words.

It keeps on going.

My man-crush on Burrows is just out of control. Whenever he does something awesome during a game -- and lately, that's a lot -- my eyes go all moony and I say, "What would we do without Alex Burrows?" Then I sigh, contentedly.

I remember Grapes once said -- while expressing his man-crush on Kirk Muller -- that if he had 20 guys like Muller, he'd win the Stanley Cup every year. I'm not so sure you'd want to play 7 Mullers on defense, but his point was clear enough: If every one of your forwards was a heart-and-soul, blood-and-guts, never-say-die 20-goal man, you wouldn't need any 40-goal men, because you'd crush everyone. [This was in the mid-90s, when Kirk's 30-plus-goal seasons were long behind him.]

In the same spirit, I'll say that you just can't have too many guys like Alex Burrows. Sigh ...

My man-crush on Burrows is just out of control. Whenever he does something awesome during a game -- and lately, that's a lot -- my eyes go all moony and I say, "What would we do without Alex Burrows?" Then I sigh, contentedly.

I remember Grapes once said -- while expressing his man-crush on Kirk Muller -- that if he had 20 guys like Muller, he'd win the Stanley Cup every year. I'm not so sure you'd want to play 7 Mullers on defense, but his point was clear enough: If every one of your forwards was a heart-and-soul, blood-and-guts, never-say-die 20-goal man, you wouldn't need any 40-goal men, because you'd crush everyone. [This was in the mid-90s, when Kirk's 30-plus-goal seasons were long behind him.]

In the same spirit, I'll say that you just can't have too many guys like Alex Burrows. Sigh ...

this whole man crush thing is disgusting. i like him a lot but i dont remember my eyes going girly for him lol....

Please don't forget to add:

ABurrows: +14

R Kesler: +10

M Naslund: -10

i hate to hijack the thread, but i just want to point out that that's an unjust comparison, and completely unfair to naslund, who's at the end of his career.

i hate to hijack the thread, but i just want to point out that that's an unjust comparison, and completely unfair to naslund, who's at the end of his career.

While I remain a fan of Nazzy's (always will be) and pull for him to do well - "end of career" or not, he's still making 2.5 times what Burrows makes, which is fairly relevant here.

Edited by debluvscanucks

While I remain a fan of Nazzy's (always will be) and pull for him to do well - "end of career" or not, he's still making 2.5 times what Burrows makes, which is fairly relevant here.

Don't forget burrows is only making a paltry $525,000 this year. So really, Naslund makes about 8x more ;)

I agree though, not trying to bash Nazzy after all he did for us, but it is an interesting comparison

lol :lol:

I am going to preempt everybody on this thread tomorrow by saying that Burrows will have another lackluster effort next game. He wont; get a goal, play well defensively, nor get under any Dallas player's skin. That bum is so predictable!