The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

This topic should be changed to Wellwood "WE DO NOT NEED HIM"

Well, we definately needed him last night considering he got us the Game Winning Goal! :)

however, I do agree that he really hasn't done much this season so far.

I still like the guy & think he has the odd flash of greatness... but he just seems to lack confidence or something this year compared to last.

Hopefully it'll just take another goal or two to get him back on track.

And if Demitra can get back to mid-season form relatively quickly after his injury , that may help Welly's confidence.

You should be roasted for this. Not only is he great, he's one of the best deals in the league at a less-than-500 grand cap hit.

I have your feelings towards Rypien though. Very little skill, and scrappiness doesn't help the team if it constantly gets you injured.

just curious... still feel this way about the second part?

Edited by tb44

The guy who started this thread is a meathead. Maybe its Ron Mclean?? If anything, this thread should be pertaining to Wellwood or Bernier, they have both done eff all this season. Burrows is a champ!! Put Bernier on the 4th line replacing Hordichuk and get rid of Wellwood and bring in a great 3rd line centre that will spark our 3rd line into a productive line, giving us true scoring depth on all three lines. Maybe a solid, gritty veteran that can snipe or a playmaker. Thats exactly what we'll need if we wanna have a legitimate shot at a cup run this year.