The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stuck On Homework? **The Homework Thread v0.01** is here!

More-is-on

Alright I have a 10 page paper for my english class on "who I personally consider to be a modern hero or heroine and explain why you so classify the person"

I want an athlete like jean beliveau or wayne gretzky

Just want some opinions who you guys would pick

OK. Trying to help my sister with grade 11 math, but it's not happening lol. Here's the question:

The vertex of a parabola is (-2, -4). One x-intercept is 7. What is the other x-intercept?

I know you're supposed to use y = a(x-p)^2 +q

Answer is

OK. Trying to help my sister with grade 11 math, but it's not happening lol. Here's the question:

The vertex of a parabola is (-2, -4). One x-intercept is 7. What is the other x-intercept?

I know you're supposed to use y = a(x-p)^2 +q

Answer is

BIOLOGY:

Suppose that within a population of garter snakes, 408 of 1700 snakes exhibit a recessive stripe colour. In the next generation, 528 snakes out of a population of 2200 exhibit the same trait. Show the steps involved in determining whether evolution has taken place. (frequencies of homozygous dominant/ recessive & heterozygous genotypes).

Help? :)

URGENT: I don't usually ask for help on homework but i'm desperate so here goes!

In research what is meant by the quantitative/qualitative divide? I know what qual. research is and what quant. research is but what is meant by the divide? Is it just the difference between the 2 types of research.

Thanks in advance :)

I think I still understand how it's done...not sure I can explain it in text though. You're having trouble with the dt integration, right?

Do you know exponential integration rules? In particular, you need to know the bit on this website that covers the integration of exp(kx)dx where k is a non-zero constant. It goes through the steps to show that the result is (1/k)exp(kx) + constant.

You need that ^, and the fact that int[f(x)dx +/- g(x)dx] = int[f(x)dx] +/- int[g(x)dx]

Try making the substitution k = -b/m and see if you can get anywhere with it.

(Substituting in a new variable for a group of constants often makes the math easier to see - it's much easier to work with a 'k' than 'abc/de')

So I'm in grade 10 math and I'm having trouble on this question. I don't know how to answer it.

Three cylindrical logs with radius 10cm are piled as shown. Determine the height of the top of the pile above the ground.

circle.jpg

I tried to replicate the picture that was in the math textbook using paint.

So I'm in grade 10 math and I'm having trouble on this question. I don't know how to answer it.

Three cylindrical logs with radius 10cm are piled as shown. Determine the height of the top of the pile above the ground.

circle.jpg

I tried to replicate the picture that was in the math textbook using paint.

I'm not too sure about your picture, but I'm assuming that they are stacked as closely to each other as possible.

logquestion.jpg

So I just drew out the picture to help me explain, lol. The distance between the centre of the top log and the centre of one of the bottom logs is equal to radius x 2.

The distance between the centres of the two bottom logs is also radius x 2.

Therefore we have an equilateral triangle with sides=2r. (as in my really bad sketch).

If we "slice" that triangle down the middle, we can use the Pythagoras Theorem (a^2 + b^2 = c^2) to figure out the height of said triangle.

If r=10cm, then the height of that triangle = Sqroot(300) which is roughly 17.32cm.

So, now we have the height of the triangle, we can figure out the height of the pile. The distance from the centre of the top log to the top of the pile is again "r". The distance from the ground to the bottom line of the triangle is also "r".

So the height of the pile = r + r + height of triangle.

(10 + 10 + 17.32= 37.32cm)

Lemme know if a) I'm wrong or b ) I don't make sense. ;)

1. Write the equation of the square root function with domain x≥2 (greater than or equal to) and range y≤3 (less than or equal to) and x-intercept is 11.

2. Write the equation of the hyperbola with asymptotes x= -2 and y= -1 that also passes through the origin.

Archived