The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

I reread the last chapter from the Wall a few times to make sure I understood clearly. Still don't think what happened actually happened.

The leading theory is that it did happen, but there are things at play that will push the outcome of that in a different direction. Maddeningly vague, but I don't want to spoil nothing for people who haven't gotten that far.

HBO has a behind the scenes look at Season 3 - note may contain spoilers:

And for those having problems keeping everything on the show straight see:

http://viewers-guide...hrones/season2/

http://viewers-guide...guide/appendix/

As one blogger notes:

Last summer it was revealed that the upcoming third season of HBO’s Game of Thrones will only depict the first half of A Storm of Swords, the third book in the Song of Ice and Fire series. Fans of the books could readily see why: a lot happens in A Storm of Swords, even if you don’t count the shocking game-changer that appears about three-fourths of the way through.

Now that the third season premiere is nearing (and we have our first trailer) I sat down with the book to puzzle out what we’ll see and what will wait for Game of Thrones season 4.

Complete spoilers for Game of Thrones and ALL Song of Ice and Fire books ahead. Seriously, turn back now if you want to be at all surprised.

http://www.tor.com/b...storm-of-swords

• 2 weeks later...

Probably best not to know... the series is best left as surprise overall. Also, I'll warn you now that book 3 runs at a rapid pace and is very eventful, but book 4 and 5 are somewhat slower paced. The first time I read them I was someone disappointed in this, as I found myself racing through new characters to get to the ones I already knew. But when I read the series again, 4 and 5 ended up being my favorites because they added so much depth. So, generally speaking enjoy the journey... and you'll know that part when you get to it. Its awesome.

You're right. After I finished book 3 I burned through book 4 which I still enjoyed. Just started book 5 tonight

Didn't realize book 4 and book 5 took place at the same time. Was reading the asoiaf forums and someone had mentioned compiling a list of book 4 and 5's chapters together to read that would follow the timeline. Would have liked to have done. Just finished Jon's 2nd chapter

:P

This is one of the most overrated TV shows. I watch a couple of episodes and literally fell sleepy watching it. Too much CGI and special affects and not enough good acting. Too many characters to follow and its like a maze trying to figure out the plot.

Breaking Bad or Homeland are excellent TV shows that deserve the hype!

This is one of the most overrated TV shows. I watch a couple of episodes and literally fell sleepy watching it. Too much CGI and special affects and not enough good acting. Too many characters to follow and its like a maze trying to figure out the plot.

Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. Not saying your wrong, not saying your right. In this instance, you are in the minority about your feelings towards GoT.

• Upvote 4

There is a lot that happens in the books, and the show would be more of a maze if it followed all the characters and plot lines from the book to a T. I would agree that it does take someone with a bigger attention span to really get into GoT from the get-go, but it is addictive once you do.

That made my day. I just about spat out my drink when they included the actor who plays Hodor in the opening credits!

There is a lot that happens in the books, and the show would be more of a maze if it followed all the characters and plot lines from the book to a T. I would agree that it does take someone with a bigger attention span to really get into GoT from the get-go, but it is addictive once you do.

There is the difference between someone who "gets" GoT and someone who doesn't. Weak minded fools can go and watch the Bachelor or some "reality" crap and "real" people will watch the real adult orientated programs.
  • Upvote 3

Does book 5 pick up at all??? I hate to admit it, but 300 pages in and it's the first book of the series that I don't find myself aching to read. I'd heard that 4 was boring, but I loved it, so maybe there's hope? LOL

End of book 5 really picks up. I read through books 3, 4 and 5 in about a month and now I have to wait years for the next one?! :sadno:

While reading this I kept thinking there were only going to be 6 books and kept thinking how can they cram this all in one book?! Then I realized there was gonna be a seventh