The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

4 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I don't think the episode was 'boring' as much as it was 'interesting information presented with a lack of creativity'. 

Seems like much of the season was like this.

PS. Whenever I see your username I think of Zeppellin's Down By The Seaside.

Edited by Hugor Hill

8 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I really want someone to stitch together all of Danys preachy little rants to see how much screen time was actually eaten up by her talking about how she is entitled to something. 

Its a story about nobility - they are all acting entitled.

3 hours ago, butters said:

Its a story about nobility - they are all acting entitled.

Varys, Little Finger, Ser Davos, Jon Snow, Arya, there is a list of non-entitled characters. There is also a very easily noticeable range of entitlement. If Danyerus' level of entitlement is interpreted to be the same as other highborn characters then you are missing important differences.

25 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Varys, Little Finger, Ser Davos, Jon Snow, Arya, there is a list of non-entitled characters. There is also a very easily noticeable range of entitlement. If Danyerus' level of entitlement is interpreted to be the same as other highborn characters then you are missing important differences.

Jon Snow is about to get hundreds of people to die for him for the sake of his sister. Littlefinger has sowed the seeds of war to advance his position. At best Varys is like Davos, an accomplice in someone else's grandiose schemes.

How is what Jon Snow doing in the show ultimately any different than dany? Both are taking back something that was taken form their family.

16 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

Oh my god that is glorious.  Temptation is strong...

I'll have three drinking shirts, but that'll be my favorite no doubt.  Perfect line.

7 hours ago, Down by the River said:

7 hours ago, butters said:

Jon Snow is about to get hundreds of people to die for him for the sake of his sister. Littlefinger has sowed the seeds of war to advance his position. At best Varys is like Davos, an accomplice in someone else's grandiose schemes.

How is what Jon Snow doing in the show ultimately any different than dany? Both are taking back something that was taken form their family.

Entitlement means thinking you deserve something without wanting to put the effort into getting it.

Thinking you deserve it alone is not entitlement in my mind. 

As long as they are willing to put the work to get what they want, it's not entitlement.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, butters said:

At least a good portion of those dying will be wildlings. He brought them all through the Wall, only to kill them all anyway. Good man-management.

2 hours ago, Captain Woodget said:

At least a good portion of those dying will be wildlings. He brought them all through the Wall, only to kill them all anyway. Good man-management.

As 100% of them would have died had they remained with the white walkers, I'm sure it's a trade off they're willing to accept. They're also being given the chance to get lands of their own. Not having lands was the reason they were forced to live in the wasteland that is beyond the wall in the first place. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

Entitlement means thinking you deserve something without wanting to put the effort into getting it.

Thinking you deserve it alone is not entitlement in my mind. 

As long as they are willing to put the work to get what they want, it's not entitlement.

Dany IS putting the effort in

16 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

They all are.

either way I don't think that Dany is different or more entitled than any other noble.

On another note, any book readers who like spoilers might want to check out the new chapter available. Its the Aeron Greyjoy one that he almost read a few years back.

• Upvote 2