The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

-THE OFFICIAL-*******Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2*******-THREAD-

MillerGenuineDraft

just got it, i'm a major noob though.

you guys got it for ps3 over 360?

any non-idiots play it on live?

edit: i'm not calling people who play it on ps3 idiots. my two last questions are totally unrelated. just surprised that people acutally play ps3 online. always thought xbox was the console for online play.

just got it, i'm a major noob though.

you guys got it for ps3 over 360?

any non-idiots play it on live?

edit: i'm not calling people who play it on ps3 idiots. my two last questions are totally unrelated. just surprised that people acutally play ps3 online. always thought xbox was the console for online play.

Haha, not at all.

People always assume that Live is better because you pay for it.

Not really.

The only difference between PSN and Live besides it being free is that 360 has a superior party system that allows you to have party chat, which is a very handy thing if you don't have access to a computer and ventrilo or steam while you play. The servers are pretty much the same online, having played both. If I didn't have access to a computer, and actually cared about talking to people over party chat I would of gotten a 360, but it doesn't bother me at all.

There is a myth about 360 having a lot more mics. It's actually not true, a lot of people on the PS3 have mics, but they don't use them for whatever reason. Having played MW2 on both systems, I'm quite happy with that, because the amount of retards you get on MW2 singing or screaming randomly is horrible on the 360 side of this game.

Only one of you guys added me for PS3. I am sad.

How do u get the camo where the guys looks like he's wearing a leaf suit. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Ghillie suit.. you get them depending on what type of level. eg Urban environments, winter, etc

I think you gotta get a certain amount of kills with a sniper .. like 100 1-shot kills and you will unlock the ghillie suits

I can't really confirm it to you, but I snipe a lot and got all my ghillie suits around level 30

some higher levels I saw, yesterday, didn't even have a ghillie suit in Afghan while I did

just keep sniping and a message should come up after the game saying you unlock it in a certain environment

don't know how long it will take though

The only difference between PSN and Live besides it being free is that 360 has a superior party system that allows you to have party chat, which is a very handy thing if you don't have access to a computer and ventrilo or steam while you play. The servers are pretty much the same online, having played both. If I didn't have access to a computer, and actually cared about talking to people over party chat I would of gotten a 360, but it doesn't bother me at all.

There is a myth about 360 having a lot more mics. It's actually not true, a lot of people on the PS3 have mics, but they don't use them for whatever reason. Having played MW2 on both systems, I'm quite happy with that, because the amount of retards you get on MW2 singing or screaming randomly is horrible on the 360 side of this game.

Only one of you guys added me for PS3. I am sad.

I have a mic, I just hate talking to randoms.

So annoying.

Is it a pro-perk that makes you not appear white hot on thermal scopes? I see the odd sniper not appearing on my thermal so I'm guessing it's ninja pro? Any help appreciated so I know what to aim for. Also what pro perk removes your big red name over your head during matches?

Is it a pro-perk that makes you not appear white hot on thermal scopes? I see the odd sniper not appearing on my thermal so I'm guessing it's ninja pro? Any help appreciated so I know what to aim for. Also what pro perk removes your big red name over your head during matches?

Cold-blooded makes you not appear on UAV, Thermal Scope.

Ninja Pro removes your name in the enemies crosshair.

Cold-blooded makes you not appear on UAV, Thermal Scope.

Ninja Pro removes your name in the enemies crosshair.

Cold Blooded = Undetectable on UAV, Thermal. Pro = No Name/Red on Enemy Crosshairs.

Ninja = Undetectable on Heart Beat Monitors. Pro = Silent Footsteps.

It still shows I am visible during the kill cam

you sure you have Cold blooded on? it just makes it so you don't glow hot white

to unlock pro, put stinger (better than javelin) as your secondary and anytime the other team has a Harrier, UAV, counter UAV, helicopter, pave low, etc.

just shoot it down

you need to kill 40 of these to unlock Pro

With thermal, it shows players with a very, very visible red colour to them. They basically glow, like you'd expect. With cold-blooded on, it takes away the aura. You're harder to see, but if you're running in the open it's still pretty easy to spot you, it doesn't make you invisible or anything. It just means what the perk says, you don't show up with a heat signature. Don't know why some people might think it'd make you completely invisible or something.

You could technically get away without using cold-blooded if you wanted if you always used a launcher of some kind to take down UAV's, but it's pretty hard to get a big killstreak on most modes without cold-blooded on because you'll usually get hit with a predator, chopper, or harrier at some point unless your team actually takes out things as soon as they pop up. And from my experience, most people are too damn lazy to bother to take things out most of the time. That's why I use chopper gunner instead of AC-130. Chopper gunner gets a lot more kills in my experience if it stays in the air. AC-130 is safer but it's not as easy to control or as fast.

Archived