The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

God bless Tupac, he just changed so many peoples lives, somewhat mines too!

Say whatever you want, he simply changed the world around us!

[Edit] My feelings of rap without Tupac:

What's the rap game without Pac?

Yo, that's like jewels without ice

That's like china without rice

or the Holy Bible without Christ

or the Bulls without Mike

or druggies without pipes

The Village without dykes

or hockey games without fights

It's more like a body without LIFE

Edited by NucksFan - 4Life

The Melody is from The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald too. Christy Moore doesn't do anything of his :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnO6zq72ZFQ

I really wanna learn how to play the Accordian and Banjo.

yeah, I had to google to find out who wrote the music, I knew it sounded familiar just couldn't place it. Then I find Bobby Sands wrote the lyrics, gives me mixed feelings on that.

like the song you posted, but I would say the instruments at the top of my list to learn are fiddle and bagpipes.

This video is super cheesy but this is my favourite polka. I love dancing to polka, it's just so fun. It seems this only happens at weddings though.

tee hee :blush:

yeah, I had to google to find out who wrote the music, I knew it sounded familiar just couldn't place it. Then I find Bobby Sands wrote the lyrics, gives me mixed feelings on that.

like the song you posted, but I would say the instruments at the top of my list to learn are fiddle and bagpipes.

This video is super cheesy but this is my favourite polka. I love dancing to polka, it's just so fun. It seems this only happens at weddings though.

You being proud English and all, I guess I understand. It's a heckuva poem none the less.

Oh yeah, of course. Bagpipes and fiddle are on my list, too. I like that all those "Celtic" instruments. I also like the fact the Accordian can also be attributed to gypsy music.

Funny, my mom used to sing that all the time to me when I was little. It's the only polka song I know. It does look fun though, all that hopping.

haha my friend and I once did this song in Karaoke. Being from the internet we got to the part where he first says "The best" and we screamed "THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST" for the entire song. We weren't allowed to do another.

Oh RIGHT, this is what I'm listening to atm

You being proud English and all, I guess I understand. It's a heckuva poem none the less.

Oh yeah, of course. Bagpipes and fiddle are on my list, too. I like that all those "Celtic" instruments. I also like the fact the Accordian can also be attributed to gypsy music.

Funny, my mom used to sing that all the time to me when I was little. It's the only polka song I know. It does look fun though, all that hopping.

Oh RIGHT, this is what I'm listening to atm

I'm not all proud English, 1/4 maybe. But 1/2 Irish just with tragic family connections to the troubles and the IRA. They shattered my family with their bullets. At the same time there is no doubt that the English were (and depending who you ask, still are) terrible to the Irish.

This is what I'm listening to

I'm not all proud English, 1/4 maybe. But 1/2 Irish just with tragic family connections to the troubles and the IRA. They shattered my family with their bullets. At the same time there is no doubt that the English were (and depending who you ask, still are) terrible to the Irish.

So every time you have a stomach ache it's your Irish side fighting your English side? /lamejoke

Oh I didn't mean it as a knock or anything, and that sucks about your family. It's sad how such a small place can affect so many people's lives. Have you ever seen When Hockey came to Belfast? It was a pretty neat look at the whole Northern Ireland conflict.

Anyways,

I'm listening to Yeah by Paul Brandt. I love trying to say "yeah" as low as possible.

** EDIT

Wow, I haven't listened to or heard mention of Prarie Oyster in such a long time. Since I was 12 at least.

Edited by Walk The Dinosaur

So every time you have a stomach ache it's your Irish side fighting your English side? /lamejoke

Oh I didn't mean it as a knock or anything, and that sucks about your family. It's sad how such a small place can affect so many people's lives. Have you ever seen When Hockey came to Belfast? It was a pretty neat look at the whole Northern Ireland conflict.

Anyways,

I'm listening to Yeah by Paul Brandt. I love trying to say "yeah" as low as possible.

** EDIT

Wow, I haven't listened to or heard mention of Prarie Oyster in such a long time. Since I was 12 at least.

lol, there are a lot of contradictions.

I haven't seen When Hockey came to Belfast, I do remember seeing a couple of the guys on After hours when it first came out. Now I'm going to have to find it.

the term Prairie Oyster makes me laugh. every time. The band used to get lots of plays on local radio out here maybe 15-20 years ago.