The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

30 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Their Daddy did know!  Kids are just party boys, a stranger in your hand, amirite @Ilunga

Hide contents

Bet the stack daddy wrote Come with me now?  Funny enuf, turned on to Kongo's by Bizznasty  

Boy needs some boardie shorts; too much shrinkage in dem smugglers!

Don't know if you are aware that Buddy Guy is touring Aus, The Damn Right Farewell tour, Melbourne dates are the Blues Fest 8th- 9th April, Palais Theatre 10th. performing both solo shows and with his band. 

Heard an interview with him and he played a few songs on The Music Show- Radio National.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 2/9/2023 at 9:08 AM, nuckin_futz said:

Love the Cult.

Their Album Electric, is one of those rare Albums, where every song is good, all killer no filler.

Funny those 80's videos, guys with Sh!tloads of hair. 

Back then I had a number 4 with rats tails half way down my back. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Ragtime Blues on an Aussie Pub Crawl.   Come and Jump in my Car!

So many of the songs in the last few pages take me waaaayyyy back, like early Countdown back.  

10 years old, first episode.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
15 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Love the Cult.

Their Album Electric, is one of those rare Albums, where every song is good, all killer no filler.

I'm sure you are aware of this but for those who aren't. The Cult's Electric album was originally recorded in the same vein as their previous album 'Love'. The band was unhappy with it and scrapped it and re-recorded it with Rick Rubin producing.

'Wildflower' - Love style

• Like 2
  • There it is 1
5 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Don't know if you are aware that Buddy Guy is touring Aus, The Damn Right Farewell tour, Melbourne dates are the Blues Fest 8th- 9th April, Palais Theatre 10th. performing both solo shows and with his band. 

Heard an interview with him and he played a few songs on The Music Show- Radio National.

I love Buddy Guy.

His best stuff with Junior Wells. Always amazing! Seen Buddy a few or 5 times, does the festival tours.  Never Junior. 

Kinda fun, there used to be a music joint for the blues in the bottom floor of a hotel just off Granville street.  As you were about to jump the bridge on the left side still downtown over to Broadway & Granville Island (where I lived).  Then it became a strip joint.  I saw Buddy in the late 80's there?  At a festival at Frog Island, West of Detroit a few years earlier. Last 6 or 8 years ago again a festival in Perth (West Australia). Such sweet guitar fingers...

Never saw Sonny Boy, got so many records... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Love the Cult.

The Cult has been my workout music since the 80's....Electric and Sonic Temple being the go to's.

Sonic Temple was recorded in Vancouver.

Back then, we used to have the best all night parties. My friend, Steve, had a great house with a pool and a killer stereo set up (speakers the size of dishwashers). He introduced me to a lot of music. The first time I heard She Sells Sanctuary it was at his place and that was it. Cult fan for life.

• Like 1