The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

After about a 15-17 year hiatus, I've started listening to U2 again. Been nice coming back to them after all these years. Got really sick of them throughout university from 2000-2004, because I couldn't walk down the halls in dorm without hearing them and Coldplay every other room I'd pass by.

But really been enjoying their stuff now. Except "Get On Your Boots", which is terrible.

• Upvote 1

After about a 15-17 year hiatus, I've started listening to U2 again. Been nice coming back to them after all these years. Got really sick of them throughout university from 2000-2004, because I couldn't walk down the halls in dorm without hearing them and Coldplay every other room I'd pass by.

But really been enjoying their stuff now. Except "Get On Your Boots", which is terrible.

yea, i was never a huge fan of get on your boots. it just follows the "radio" friendly formula elevation and vertigo had. aside from vertigo, dismantle an atomic bomb is a great album. i'd say it was their last "proper" album, since zooropa, where i can listen all the way through and not dislike one song. while i'm not huge on vertigo, it's a proper U2 rock tune (it's as close to The Fly as they'll ever get again) and i do have a soft spot for it. i find no line on the horizon was a pretty weak album. i find myself liking only 3 songs from it, no line, magnificent and unknown caller. their new album tho, i have no complaints. it was free XD

speaking of which, this is my favourite tune from atomic bomb

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

yea, i was never a huge fan of get on your boots. it just follows the "radio" friendly formula elevation and vertigo had. aside from vertigo, dismantle an atomic bomb is a great album. i'd say it was their last "proper" album, since zooropa, where i can listen all the way through and not dislike one song. while i'm not huge on vertigo, it's a proper U2 rock tune (it's as close to The Fly as they'll ever get again) and i do have a soft spot for it. i find no line on the horizon was a pretty weak album. i find myself liking only 3 songs from it, no line, magnificent and unknown caller. their new album tho, i have no complaints. it was free XD

speaking of which, this is my favourite tune from atomic bomb

Few things.

1. The Fly is a terrific song. I mean, Achtung Baby is a great album in general, but The Fly is really, really good.

2. No Line On The Horizon. The title song is really good, but Magnificent is strong. To me, the best song on the album by a mile. Unknown Caller is also really good, as you mentioned. I find Stand Up Comedy is also really solid, except the title of it is really unfortunate. The title of a song doesn't matter if the quality is there, but it is improperly titled.

3. I really, really like their new album. Only started listening to it a week ago. But to me, Raised by Wolves might just be their best song in a long, long, LONG time.

Edited by Monty