The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Always is and yet he never takes advantage. Milos needs to learn to pressure the opponent's serve before it gets to a tiebreak

All he had to do was hold serve. It was close but if you watch the game, it hurt.

I was playing tennis against my friend at Queen E park (It would be a compliment to call us amateurs. That's how bad we are.) but two courts to our left was a young boy (around 12?) and who I assume is his coach. I overheard the coach telling that boy that a Futures was coming up soon.

That boy (whose name I don't know) may be going to attempt a Futures soon and possibly gain his first ATP point. He may be the next Canadian coming up after Peliwo.

I watched him play a bit and he hit some nice shots.

I was playing tennis against my friend at Queen E park (It would be a compliment to call us amateurs. That's how bad we are.) but two courts to our left was a young boy (around 12?) and who I assume is his coach. I overheard the coach telling that boy that a Futures was coming up soon.

That boy (whose name I don't know) may be going to attempt a Futures soon and possibly gain his first ATP point. He may be the next Canadian coming up after Peliwo.

I watched him play a bit and he hit some nice shots.

I've done some reading, and in order to be eligible for a Futures, you must be at least 14 years old on the first day of the tournament. So the boy must be at least 13 years old already if he's considering taking on a Futures soon.

Edited by Where's Wellwood

I've done some reading, and in order to be eligible for a Futures, you must be at least 14 years old on the first day of the tournament. So the boy must be at least 13 years old already if he's considering taking on a Futures soon.

I'm gonna keep an eye on the tournament and look for his name.

It seems like whenever we say 'easy path to the [blank]' for Raonic, he never manages to do it. I know he beat Chardy last week in Madrid, but the clay is different in Rome. Apparently it's slower so he can't underestimate Chardy who seems to be playing at a very high level. That said, Raonic is the favourite going into this QF and should make the semis. Good luck to him.

Also, I notice that he's wearing the arm sleeve still. I read that it was for a reaction between a cream he used and the sun. Why does he still need it? Was the reaction that bad? It's been weeks/months.

It seems like whenever we say 'easy path to the [blank]' for Raonic, he never manages to do it. I know he beat Chardy last week in Madrid, but the clay is different in Rome. Apparently it's slower so he can't underestimate Chardy who seems to be playing at a very high level. That said, Raonic is the favourite going into this QF and should make the semis. Good luck to him.

Also, I notice that he's wearing the arm sleeve still. I read that it was for a reaction between a cream he used and the sun. Why does he still need it? Was the reaction that bad? It's been weeks/months.

I think they said he's doing it for superstitious reasons. I probably do the same under the circumstances. :)

Also i understand what you're saying about easy path. That's why when i typed it, it was with caution. Maybe i should emphasize "should" :P

Edited by Monteeun

I think they said he's doing it for superstitious reasons. I probably do the same under the circumstances. :)

Also i understand what you're saying about easy path. That's why when i typed it, it was with caution. Maybe i should emphasize "should" :P

Yeah I heard that initially the sleeve was due to a rash he developed after using an ointment. But he played well in his first tournament with the sleeve so now he's keeping it more as a superstitious/mental thing.

It's true that Milos has not yet been able to take advantage of an easier draw or an easier path to a Masters 1000 final. He will need to start doing that in order to keep his ranking up. Nishikori has now cracked the top 10 and is actually ahead of Milos. Dimitrov isn't too far behind, and guys like Tsonga and Isner are right behind him and will keep the pressure on. He needs to take advantage of good draws and go as far as possible. Same goes for Genie.

That was an interesting match. A bit scary then usual. Milos serve was average in the first two set but on the bright side, his rally is pretty good. The third set his serve was much better. However, i feel like Chardy was careless at crucial moments which was what shot him in the foot in the third set.

Raonic had a lot of break point chances in the first that he should have capitalised on. If he won the first set before the tie break then maybe Djokovic feels like he has less of a chance in the second, plays more aggressively and makes more errors. Raonic would also have been less tired in the third had Djokovic still won the second.