The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Never expected this match to be so close. If Genie can work some aces into her repertoire she's going to be a heck of a player. Fight Genie Fight, this ain't over yet!

I think she's got so much raw talent, that it's hard not seeing her take the next step.

• Upvote 1

Your mom had great taste :) Kim was one of my faves too. Great player and always classy.

Gulbis seems to be living on a high horse. He's out of touch with what goes on in the real world. Sadly, he's playing some good tennis so it sounds like we'll have to hear more and more from him

Probably the 3rd time at least Gulbis should have just kept his trap shut. The one you're missing in your list is last year he told the media that all the Canadian players not named Raonic were overrated.

And Clijsters was great, but Henin was always my favourite.

Probably the 3rd time at least Gulbis should have just kept his trap shut. The one you're missing in your list is last year he told the media that all the Canadian players not named Raonic were overrated.

And Clijsters was great, but Henin was always my favourite.

That was pretty funny. First he complained about the crowd cheering too loudly when he made errors (he has a point there), but then, to add to what you said, he suggested that the Canadian players only play well when the Canadian crowd is pumping them on.

I don't really hate him or take what he says too seriously, but I hope Djokovic smashes him into the ground tomorrow.

The thing I love about Eugenie is she is Canadian born and raised. Milos was raised in Canada but he wasnt born here.

I really think Bouchard has the game to become #1 she is only 20 and has reached the semis of the last 2 majors.

Are you implying that Bouchard is simply more Canadian than Raonic is?

Putting aside that the Donovan Baileys and Daniel Igalis of the world are no less Canadian than you or I, Milos Raonic has been living in Canada since he was 3. He was entirely raised here. For him it wasn't even a question about what country he was going to represent internationally. He's about as proudly Canadian as it gets.

• Upvote 1

Putting aside that the Donovan Baileys and Daniel Igalis of the world are no less Canadian than you or I, Milos Raonic has been living in Canada since he was 3. He was entirely raised here. For him it wasn't even a question about what country he was going to represent internationally. He's about as proudly Canadian as it gets.

Agreed. I'm guessing he is ignorant of the facts about Raonic cause he probably wouldn't of made such a stupid statement.

Then again, I might be giving him too much credit.

That was pretty funny. First he complained about the crowd cheering too loudly when he made errors (he has a point there), but then, to add to what you said, he suggested that the Canadian players only play well when the Canadian crowd is pumping them on.

I don't really hate him or take what he says too seriously, but I hope Djokovic smashes him into the ground tomorrow.

Someone should ask him if his butt is bruised or not... lol

Damn it...Milos is now more Canadian than i am by one year. :(

WAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! I'LL NEVER BE CANADIAN!!!!

Edited by Monteeun

I have some first hand experience at this. Yes, Bouchard has a Canadian birth certificate. It might not mean a lot, but it is a fact. However, I appreciate your attempt at the high road anyways. :)