The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

With some many top players going down early on the womens side... :bigblush:

Definitely tempting to daydream about Genie eh!

Sharapova double bageled her opponent today though. She's obviously the favourite, which I think is a shame, because Serena routinely manhandles her. As soon as Serena loses at any tournament, I feel like anyone else winning the title isn't as valid, because they didn't have to beat her.

Definitely tempting to daydream about Genie eh!

Sharapova double bageled her opponent today though. She's obviously the favourite, which I think is a shame, because Serena routinely manhandles her. As soon as Serena loses at any tournament, I feel like anyone else winning the title isn't as valid, because they didn't have to beat her.

I do agree with that sentiment because if you don't beat the best, its kind of cheap. Although the side argument is that it is fair game. Alot of times players win by retirement or walkover because injuries from the opponent. Sometimes we just have to rationalize it by saying, its sports and it happens. lol

With the top female players going down, i think a lot of the players that survived feel like they finally have a shot at least one grand slam in their life time. I'm pretty sure when Serena is on top of her game, they would be happy with just one. :P

Wow those were two clinical matches by Raonic and Bouchard. No messing around, no slip ups. Just took care of business.

Both hit some incredible shots. It's great to see.

The tests only get tougher from here but it'll be interesting to see how they do. It's great that, despite being trained here in Canada, both of them are so good on the clay. Given that they probably played more on the hard courts, it's nice to see them adapt well to the adjustment.

Can't believe Gulbis beat Fed. He's unbearable. He was quoted as saying that women shouldn't play tennis. They should be focused on family and having babies. And he also has been quoted as calling the Big 4 "boring". Clown.

Started watching Tennis a little bit, (basically just the Grand Slams), about 4 years ago. Outside of hockey, is really the only sport that I find exciting and fun to watch.

It's awsome to see how well Raonic and Bouchard are doing, has really amped up my interest in the sport, things are really looking up for Canadian Tennis.

Wow those were two clinical matches by Raonic and Bouchard. No messing around, no slip ups. Just took care of business.

Both hit some incredible shots. It's great to see.

The tests only get tougher from here but it'll be interesting to see how they do. It's great that, despite being trained here in Canada, both of them are so good on the clay. Given that they probably played more on the hard courts, it's nice to see them adapt well to the adjustment.

Can't believe Gulbis beat Fed. He's unbearable. He was quoted as saying that women shouldn't play tennis. They should be focused on family and having babies. And he also has been quoted as calling the Big 4 "boring". Clown.

I find his quote fascinating. Unless he's speaking from his family perspective and may be needed to clarify. But that is an odd statement to make. I mean, men need to think about kids as well unless he just dumps the kids on the woman after he knocks them up.

I like to hear and watch his attitude when he says it...cause its just really weird. Maybe he's being sympathetic? O.o

Maybe he said it wrong or it came out wrong?

“Hopefully they will not pursue professional tennis career. Hopefully. Because for a woman, it’s tough. I wouldn’t like my sisters to become professional tennis players. It’s tough choice of life,”
. “A woman needs to enjoy life a little bit more. Needs to think about family, needs to think about kids. What kids you can think about until age of 27 if you’re playing professional tennis, you know.

“That’s tough for a woman, I think.”

I wonder if there is more of it. I mean, it is yahoo sports after all. Some parts seem fine and others seem terrible. I don't know.

Am I giving him too much credit?

Edited by Monteeun