The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

Thor was about a 7. The best part of the movie was the beginning when Thor and his buddies went to the frozen realm and started a fight. The kingdom never felt like it was in any huge danger because it was fairly predictable what was going to happen.

Thor - 5.5/10

I didn't dislike it, but like someone above said, it was just lacking something. Yes his brother was the "villain," but I kept looking over to my wife saying, "So it looks like his enemy is his ego. He was too cocky, so his power was stripped. But once he humbles himself, there really is no stopping him. So ultimately, the bad guy is his ego. Oh, and the bridge at the end." Lame.

I liked the actors in it. Hemsworth did very well and Hiddleston as Loki was by far the best talent. Otherwise, Portman was too famous for her role, and Rene Russo must really need money.

Fast Five - 4/10

Poorly made movie all round. I've enjoyed watching some of the previous entries in the series, but this one, like the 4th one, was all over the place. Didn't carry any sense of tone, pretty much expecting that you had watched the previous movies directly before hand. It also twisted around the events of earlier movies, while leaving it to the viewer to figure out just what did and didn't happen.

It manages to even make the earlier events of it's own movie completely pointless towards the end. All this, plus it was just plain boring.

Paranormal Activity 2 - 7.5/10

It ended up being a lot more then I was expecting out of a sequel of this kind (...well maybe based heavily on just how awful Blair Witch 2 was), but it managed to carry a lot of the same feel as the first one. At many points I was legitimately creeped out. Also kinda impressed that they found a way to tie it together with the first, even if it made the very end of the movie kinda... meh.

Fast Five - 4/10

Poorly made movie all round. I've enjoyed watching some of the previous entries in the series, but this one, like the 4th one, was all over the place. Didn't carry any sense of tone, pretty much expecting that you had watched the previous movies directly before hand. It also twisted around the events of earlier movies, while leaving it to the viewer to figure out just what did and didn't happen.

It manages to even make the earlier events of it's own movie completely pointless towards the end. All this, plus it was just plain boring.

Paranormal Activity 2 - 7.5/10

It ended up being a lot more then I was expecting out of a sequel of this kind (...well maybe based heavily on just how awful Blair Witch 2 was), but it managed to carry a lot of the same feel as the first one. At many points I was legitimately creeped out. Also kinda impressed that they found a way to tie it together with the first, even if it made the very end of the movie kinda... meh.

Are you kidding me?

Fast Five was amazing there was action and crazy car chases.

Paranormal Activity 2 just sucked, it was terrible movie.

I am pretty sure you got your ratings mixed up.

Rio - Funny, enjoyable and splendid animation. Saw it in 3D and I felt that it made the visuals that much more enoyable. The colors are very appealing 8.5/10

Scott Pilgrim vs The World - I thought I would like this more then I did, but still fun and worth watching if you're the target audience. 8/10

Observe and Report - Not what I was expecting in terms of plot ands style. Inconsistent but with some good moments and a couple really funny lines. 7/10

3 movies to report on.

Black Swan - I really don't know what to say. In the end I was disappointed. I went in expecting so much more. Natalie Portman was good as usual. I just wasn't blown away by the story or production as a whole. 3/10

127 Hours - unlike Black Swan I wasn't expecting much and ended up liking it more than I thought I would. I can not imagine the mental strength, will and determination that guy needed to survive that situation. 6/10

(maybe expectations messed with those ratings a little too much)

And the third movie is something I just recently watched again.

Inception - 10/10 I don't usually give 10s and I probably didn't when rating it previously in this thread. But watching it again gave me a whole new appreciation for the film. It didn't miss anything. The story was great, the pace was excellent, settings were great, music was great, acting was solid. It was movie making at it's finest. Chris Nolan - you da man!

Archived