The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC Lions/CFL 2012 Season thread

Canucks_fo_life

Anyone see the clips of Wake in town? Bittersweet - glad he's getting his shot but, man, what a loss for us. He's such a class act - love that he referred to the Lions as "family" and took the time to come out and show appreciation for the team, acknowledging them for giving him a shot and contributing to his success. Really miss him and it threw me for a loop to see him back, wearing Lions' colors. :(

GL CW - go out there and show 'em your stuff.

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet...

The B.C. Lions have announced the signings of import running back Tyler Ebell and import offensive lineman Daren Heerspink.

Both players will be placed on the club's practice roster and will be on the field Monday afternoon.

Ebell joins the Lions after being released by the Toronto Argonauts following training camp last month. The Ventura, California native played collegiately at UCLA before transferring to UTEP in 2004.

Signed by the Edmonton Eskimos in 2007, Ebell ran for 650 yards and a touchdown on 124 carries. He also added 67 receptions for 521 yards and two TDs.

In 2008, Ebell was dealt by Edmonton to the Toronto Argonauts along with former BC Lions receiver T.J. Acree for defensive back Jordan Younger. After rupturing his achilles tendon in training camp, Ebell was forced to sit out the 2008 season.

Heerspink was signed by the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2008 after attending Portland State. Born in nearby Bellingham, Washington and currently residing in Lynden, Heerspink was a two-year starter with the Pirates in 2006 and 2007.

After being released by the Dolphins in 2008, Heerspink was signed by the St. Louis Rams. He was released last week after attending the club's mini camps this past spring.

What's the cheapest way to get 2 tickets for tonights game? does 7/11 still have a 2 for 1 deal or something similar? I'm a little rusty when it comes to the Lions..

Thanks for your answers.. GO LIONS GO

What's the cheapest way to get 2 tickets for tonights game? does 7/11 still have a 2 for 1 deal or something similar? I'm a little rusty when it comes to the Lions..

Thanks for your answers.. GO LIONS GO

Yes - I got mine there ($44.00 bucks a pair, tax included. You also get a SportsAction play and a drink with that).

I always ask to see the tickets (I do it at the counter, in front of them), so I can pick where I want to sit. They're all in the endzone but you can still get some that are better than others. If a 7-11 doesn't "have" them, try another...some of their clerks are clueless and just don't know that they even carry them.

Yes - I got mine there ($44.00 bucks a pair, tax included. You also get a SportsAction play and a drink with that).

I always ask to see the tickets (I do it at the counter, in front of them), so I can pick where I want to sit. They're all in the endzone but you can still get some that are better than others. If a 7-11 doesn't "have" them, try another...some of their clerks are clueless and just don't know that they even carry them.

I think the blackout still applies, but the team has an option to remove it if they wish. I think it's usually common to remove the blackout early in the season to generate some buzz, so even if the seat target hasn't been met, I wouldn't be surprised to see tonight's game televised just to get some fan interest going.

Hope they do. I have to stay home tonight, and I would love to watch some football.

Archived