The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC Lions/CFL 2012 Season thread

Canucks_fo_life

Good question, I know last year it didn't apply to TSN games...

I'll try to find out.

That would be great if you could pass any info along....my Dad's shut in so I'd love to be able to tell him the game's on TV.

Does the local blackout still apply though? I'd imagine it does and unless a required number of seats are filled, people here won't get to see it.

If you just listened to me and bought season tickets, you wouldn't have to worry about blackouts. :P

If you just listened to me and bought season tickets, you wouldn't have to worry about blackouts. :P

I'm going to the game...it's my Dad I'm looking after here. ;)

And I like the cheap seats and sitting with all the drunk hooligans. It's entertainment in between plays and people don't care if you get wild and crazy with the cheering.

Whereas, I won prime seats last year (50 yard line - sat with the Buono family) and the people in that section (besides the Buonos) were stiffs. Hated it there - the no fun zone. Great view of the game/team, but the overall experience was lacking.

I think the blackout still applies, but the team has an option to remove it if they wish. I think it's usually common to remove the blackout early in the season to generate some buzz, so even if the seat target hasn't been met, I wouldn't be surprised to see tonight's game televised just to get some fan interest going.

Hope they do. I have to stay home tonight, and I would love to watch some football.

I'm going to the game...it's my Dad I'm looking after here. ;)

And I like the cheap seats and sitting with all the drunk hooligans. It's entertainment in between plays and people don't care if you get wild and crazy with the cheering.

Whereas, I won prime seats last year (50 yard line - sat with the Buono family) and the people in that section (besides the Buonos) were stiffs. Hated it there - the no fun zone. Great view of the game/team, but the overall experience was lacking.

Section 237 is where it's at.

Archived