The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Any chance Schroeder could join Team USA at the World Championships?

i dont see why not, as long as hes good enough.... but considering the # of better players in the states, its highly unlikely.

its not quite like grabs playin for austria...lol

yeah, it would depend on whether he turns pro, and if the moose play him if he does. if he's playing for the moose, then he is not gonna go to the world championships (plus it depends on who is available for Team USA, i.e. what teams didn't make it.)

no, it's 9 nhl games that burn a year of the contract. if there are less than 9 nhl games the contract gets a 1 season extension until they are 20 years old.

from the collective bargaining agreement.

Ah, that makes sense. I was gonna say, then it makes absolutely zero sense to play a prospect in the NHL until he's tearing up the AHL. However, since CHL draftees can't play in the AHL until they are 20 and College players are generally aged 20/20+ when they leave their program, there is no monetary benefit to having them play in the A. Certainly for development purposes there is benefit, but not financial purposes.

Shirokov - Hodgson - Pettinger

Schroeder - Rosa - Grabner

Keane - Murray - Desbiens

Bliznak - Stastny - Maxwell

Collins, Pope, etc.

HOLY SH*T

yeah, it went from lacking in depth to a bounty of skill (that's if schroeder chooses to leave at the end of the season, which I hope he would.)

on an unrelated note, you should check your PM's.

laugh.gif

Anyway, if Jordan Schroeder does leave school (and what his dad said in that interview does seem to suggest it), it'd be a real shot in the arm for the Moose. All of a sudden they'd go from lacking real offensive talent to having guys like Hodgson and Schroeder together. Having such a tantalizing combination of Shirokov, Grabner, Hodgson and Schroeder in their Top 6 would give them all sorts of weapons at their disposal. If they all get that opportunity to play together, get ready to drool Canucks and Moose fans! towel.gif

Schroeder 0 points in a 6-1 win.

Looks like he got his moose jersey in the mail.

Yeah, the 2nd powerplay unit scored all their goals today. The Gophers face north dakota in a best of 3 series for the first round of the WCHA playoffs. schroeder should be ready to make the jump as early as 1 week from today.

Not a good end to his season going pointless in 3 games. But he still finished as the stats leader with 27 points. Ouch. His season with the Gophers can't end sooner.

I haven't watched him play at all but from the sounds of the teams troubles his stats on paper may be a bit deceiving. If he does go to the Moose, which I believe he will, he will have a higher caliber of players by his side which could help him showcase his true talent in the long run.

I haven't watched him play at all but from the sounds of the teams troubles his stats on paper may be a bit deceiving. If he does go to the Moose, which I believe he will, he will have a higher caliber of players by his side which could help him showcase his true talent in the long run.

I am quite excited to see Hodgson on a line with Schroeder. Going to be interesting, were Schroeder will also play, as I recall he's a center for Minnesota and Hodgson is a center for Brampton...

But bad news....

Moose is clinging on too the final playoff spot at the 8th place.... They have 70 points in 66 games... 9th place team has 63 points but with 3 games in hand.... 10th place to 13 place teams all have 67 points but with 1 game in hand.....

I'm not even sure if the Moose will make the playoffs..... It's a nail biter right now... I'm pretty sure The Battalion has a far better chance then the "Gophers" at going for in their playoffs.....

Blog post I did on Schroeder potentially going pro. I think most people are familiar with everything contained within, but it may be handy to have everything condensed together?

http://trevorpresiloski.com/2010/03/jordan-schroeder-going-pro/

The one issue that you brought up that I have to add onto... players leaving early.

Although there has been players leaving early, that isn't a rare thing in NCAA hockey. In fact, the top players almost ALWAYS leave after 2-3 years (and some after just 1 year.) That doesn't always have to do with how well they are developing (or how badly they are,) but it usually has more to do with the level of competition they are facing.

These kids know that it's pointless to stick around... if they can almost score at will. They know that if they aren't being pushed to get better, they won't. So most of the top (just throwing a number out there) 5% will leave after 2-3 years no matter what program they are with.

In the case of Jordan, he's always tried to push himself to face harder competition. He was on that varsity hockey team in 8th grade.. and was already making seniors look silly. After his 9th grade season he moved onto the USNTDP (he had just turned 16 years old.) While there, he took on extra class work so that he could actually graduate early to get a jump into the NCAA's (he was born in Sept. of 1990... which means he's not going to turn 20 till just before the start of next season.)

With all that said, most Gopher fans already knew that 2 years was probably all that we could expect from him before he moved on to the professional leagues (NHL/AHL.)

Shirokov - Hodgson - Pettinger

Schroeder - Rosa - Grabner

Keane - Murray - Desbiens

Bliznak - Stastny - Maxwell

Collins, Pope, etc.

HOLY SH*T

Prab Rai's season is done in 4 or 5 days. He does have 40 goals. Does he get on the Moose roster?

Hopefully, but I wouldn't be so sure, since Hodgson and Schroeder may be joining the Moose as well at the end of their seasons. I want to see how well Rai does though. Even if he gets included on their roster he might not even play, but instead just learn the ropes and how to be a professional.

Archived