The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

wow White is -4? I know i don't know the whole story but isn't he suppose to be a 2 way forward? Man... i love Ehrhoffwub.gif

up to date stats.

Name             GP G  A  Pts  +/- 

Jordan Schroeder 32 8 19   27  -2

Taylor Matson    20 2  3   5   +5 

Patrick White    34 9  7   16  -2

WoW. You have to be kidding????

Ehrhoff says hi.

*face palm* OW... my eye! *blinks a few times* :blink:

sorry, I follow the Gophers a lot closer then the 'Nucks (or did you miss the fact that I am from Minnesota.. thus a Wild fan.) I'll admit to missing that deal... (it sure beats having to explain HOW you can justify it!)

So Ehrhoff brought the bag of broken pucks from San Jose? Who paid for his flight back?

(hey... if I am going to fail... might as well go down in style!)

Jordan Schroeder.... didnt really think we can land this guy in the 22nd pick, but I won't complain much.

so let's talk about him~ what kind of a player is he? Since this guy is a projected 14th-17th pick in most of the mock drafts, I didn't really check this guy out. It seems like alot of people is pretty happy about him since most of the reports stat he's a very talented player. Very good speed, very strong shot, a great playmaker who can make his teamates around him better, it's just too good to think we can land him in the 22nd pick.

But that being said, it seems one of the biggest draw back on Jordan Schroeder is his small size (173 cm) and I am not sure how this will effect his career in the NHL in the future.

Would be nice to see what you guys think of him. biggrin.gif

Don't be so concerned. The reason he wasn't picked 14th was because of his size. Throughout the sporting world people have always said certain players were too small. Examples of hockey players in OP. Then there was Mugsy the Mailman for the NBA. Roy Keane for Soccer etc. etc. If he's as good as they say he is he will be a great pick up by Gillis. Even MG said he was surprised that they had the chance to get him so late in the picks. He will be a NHL player for the Canucks if his quality is as good as they say. Size won't matter

If I remember it right, people were making a bit of an issue out of Ehrhoff's salary. Maybe Gillis milked that a bit, saying he was an overpaid defenseman? Who knows. Maybe they gave Ehrhoff a list of teams he could be sent to, trying to treat him well. Or maybe Ehrhoff was hiding in the bag of broken pucks cause he had an early case of Olympic fever.

Part of the reason why people were complaining about Ehrhoff last season was because the coaching staff was asking him to change his style of play, which led to Ehrhoff not looking as good. People couldn't deny the talent and the hockey sense was there, but at that point, many weren't happy considering how bad he looked.

Using this schedule, if they get knocked out in the first round (ie. WCHA First Round), then Jordan could join the Moose for their last 12 regular season games (the first of which being Mar. 14 - plenty of time to sign and relocate him).

Since his college season has ended - would he still burn a year off his ELC by playing for them?

Is this situation likely?

Oops.. Here's the link the schedule.

Using this schedule, if they get knocked out in the first round (ie. WCHA First Round), then Jordan could join the Moose for their last 12 regular season games (the first of which being Mar. 14 - plenty of time to sign and relocate him).

Since his college season has ended - would he still burn a year off his ELC by playing for them?

Is this situation likely?

Oops.. Here's the link the schedule.

No, not yet. He still hasn't signed an ELC and I don't think he can sign with the moose cause it will conflict with his NCAA eligibility.

No, not yet. He still hasn't signed an ELC and I don't think he can sign with the moose cause it will conflict with his NCAA eligibility.

I hope they sign Schroeder to a contract this season. i'd love to be able to watch Hodgson and Schroder develop for 1-2 yrs in the mooose together. Perhaps Grabner/Hodgson/Schroeder could for a line?

Minnesota vs. Wisconsin on the Big10 network tonight.

8pm start on the HD channel.

it's weird how they have a 3 hour delay.

and yeah, schroder can opt to leave the ncaa at the end of the season and sign a ELC with the canucks and play on the moose. if won't burn up a year of it as long as he doesn't play more than 9 game in the NHL, so he can play on the moose all he wants.

and yeah, schroder can opt to leave the ncaa at the end of the season and sign a ELC with the canucks and play on the moose. if won't burn up a year of it as long as he doesn't play more than 9 game in the NHL, so he can play on the moose all he wants.

So he can avoid playoffs altogether then? That would be awesome if him and Hodgson can join the Moose in the next little while. They desperately need some offence right now.

So he can avoid playoffs altogether then? That would be awesome if him and Hodgson can join the Moose in the next little while. They desperately need some offence right now.

he could leave today if he wanted to void his NCAA eligibility. he'll keep playing until his team is eliminated though, and HOPEFULLY get out of that (now) crappy program and into the moose ASAP. He can go back to university when he's done with hockey (if he wants)

I don't think that's accurate. Isn't it nine professional games, meaning ECHL, AHL, NHL, basically any of the NHL's development leagues that pay you to play? However, Schroeder can sign an amateur tryout contract and play for the Moose before we sign him to an ELC which will obviously NOT burn a year off his ELC. I'm pretty sure that's what we did with Raymond at the end of '06/'07, http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471664 ...

As for his decision to leave College early:

Although there has been no official word, there’s been plenty of speculation that Schroeder (who helped Team USA win gold at the world junior hockey championship in Saskatoon) plans to leave college after his sophomore season is complete and he could also join the Moose for the stretch drive.

Imagine in maybe two years having scores like Schroeder, Grabner and Hodgson all on our team (maybe even next year)

Offense(first three lines)

D. Sedin-Hank-Burrows

Grabner-Kesler-Raymond

Bernier-Schroeder-Hodgson

Scoring power

(who knows, in a couple of years, we could aqquire a future 2nd or third liner but our top 9 would look nice. Maybe a replacement over Bernier.)

That looks like a pretty good lineup with maybe and crash and bang line for the fourth line. Schroeder more than likely will move to wing and Hodgson will probably stay down the middle.

Here's to hoping MG will draft some size up front and a few more defencemen at this year's draft.

I don't think that's accurate. Isn't it nine professional games, meaning ECHL, AHL, NHL, basically any of the NHL's development leagues that pay you to play? However, Schroeder can sign an amateur tryout contract and play for the Moose before we sign him to an ELC which will obviously NOT burn a year off his ELC. I'm pretty sure that's what we did with Raymond at the end of '06/'07, http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471664 ...

As for his decision to leave College early:

no, it's 9 nhl games that burn a year of the contract. if there are less than 9 nhl games the contract gets a 1 season extension until they are 20 years old.

from the collective bargaining agreement.

ARTICLE 9

ENTRY LEVEL COMPENSATION

9.1(d) (i) In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC with a Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season under that SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry Level System shall be extended for a period of one (1) year, except that this automatic extension will not apply to a Player who is 19 according to Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September 16 and December 31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC. Unless a Player and Club expressly agree to the contrary, in the event a Player's SPC is extended an additional year in accordance with this subsection, all terms of the SPC, with the exception of Signing Bonuses, but including Paragraph 1 Salary, games played bonuses and Exhibit 5 bonuses,

shall be extended; provided, however, that the Player's Paragraph 1 Salary shall be extended in all circumstances.

Archived