The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

well the games are on the 29th/30th, if schroder's team doesn't win their playoffs (and even if they do, if they don't get the invite to the frozen 4)

then he COULD join as early as the 15th (if they get eliminated this weekend and he chooses to leave school immediately after the season). if they make it to the second round but not the frozen four then he could join on the 21st (again, if he chooses to leave school to go pro).

As for Hodgson, his team finishes their regular season on the 14th, and they start the post season around the 16th. if they go 7 games it could be around the 28th before he joins the team (or even later if they make it to the second round and beyond) if they get ousted in the first round (especially early) then he would be there. if it goes to 7 games, he may be there for the second game, but I would doubt the first game.

Rai will be assigned to the moose. how big of a role, and how much he plays is up to him and Arniel.

It's definitely a possibility that Prab joins the Moose for their playoff drive, but likely just to practise and be around the professional game, similar to what Eric Walsky did last season. With Rai's defensive game and willingness to enter the dirty areas significantly lacking, I believe a year with the Salmon Kings would be the obvious next step in his developmental process.

It's definitely a possibility that Prab joins the Moose for their playoff drive, but likely just to practise and be around the professional game, similar to what Eric Walsky did last season. With Rai's defensive game and willingness to enter the dirty areas significantly lacking, I believe a year with the Salmon Kings would be the obvious next step in his developmental process.

it wouldn't surprise me.

I'd be shocked if he didn't go to the Moose, I really hope he does.

That basically describes the entire Moose team...

They really dont have any guys that are willing to mix it up, aside from Desbiens, Pope, and Keane. What they need is goal scoring. And if Rai can bring that, then I think he deserves a shot.

well the games are on the 29th/30th, if schroder's team doesn't win their playoffs (and even if they do, if they don't get the invite to the frozen 4)

then he COULD join as early as the 15th (if they get eliminated this weekend and he chooses to leave school immediately after the season). if they make it to the second round but not the frozen four then he could join on the 21st (again, if he chooses to leave school to go pro).

As for Hodgson, his team finishes their regular season on the 14th, and they start the post season around the 16th. if they go 7 games it could be around the 28th before he joins the team (or even later if they make it to the second round and beyond) if they get ousted in the first round (especially early) then he would be there. if it goes to 7 games, he may be there for the second game, but I would doubt the first game.

Hmm...sounds good thanks!

The one issue that you brought up that I have to add onto... players leaving early.

Although there has been players leaving early, that isn't a rare thing in NCAA hockey. In fact, the top players almost ALWAYS leave after 2-3 years (and some after just 1 year.) That doesn't always have to do with how well they are developing (or how badly they are,) but it usually has more to do with the level of competition they are facing.

These kids know that it's pointless to stick around... if they can almost score at will. They know that if they aren't being pushed to get better, they won't. So most of the top (just throwing a number out there) 5% will leave after 2-3 years no matter what program they are with.

In the case of Jordan, he's always tried to push himself to face harder competition. He was on that varsity hockey team in 8th grade.. and was already making seniors look silly. After his 9th grade season he moved onto the USNTDP (he had just turned 16 years old.) While there, he took on extra class work so that he could actually graduate early to get a jump into the NCAA's (he was born in Sept. of 1990... which means he's not going to turn 20 till just before the start of next season.)

With all that said, most Gopher fans already knew that 2 years was probably all that we could expect from him before he moved on to the professional leagues (NHL/AHL.)

You're right, actually. I was more trying to balance his comments about getting an education and how he values that vs. a professional hockey career.

This also happened with Raymond, who only put in 2 years.

I think Bieksa and Schneider are the only 2 NCAA guys of note (ie, not Matson/White) the Canucks have drafted in recent who have stayed beyond 2 years.

Think of these as our centres in a couple years :)

Henrik

Kesler

Hodgson

Schroeder

Wouldn't that send jitters down the opposition's spine :)

Why would we put an offensive player on a fourth line? especially one so young? Regardless, my guess is that Schroeder ends up playing wing almost exclusively at the pro level.

Minnesota is losing 4-0 right now heading into the 3rd. it looks like schroder may be available at the end of the weekend (if he chooses to leave school)

Wow I really don't know whether to cheer for the Gophers or not. I mean, on the one hand I want Schroeder to lead his team deep into the NCAA playoff tournament and dominate, but on the other hand I'd love to see him suit up for the Moose as well although his confidence might take a hit if his college team gets bounced early.

Wow I really don't know whether to cheer for the Gophers or not. I mean, on the one hand I want Schroeder to lead his team deep into the NCAA playoff tournament and dominate, but on the other hand I'd love to see him suit up for the Moose as well although his confidence might take a hit if his college team gets bounced early.

Schroeder strikes me as a confident guy, I doubt the Gophers struggles would phase him.

Hopefully the relative failure that is this season for Minnesota will push him to turn Pro.

Schroeder strikes me as a confident guy, I doubt the Gophers struggles would phase him.

Hopefully the relative failure that is this season for Minnesota will push him to turn Pro.

Hopefully indeed - what his father said back in the summer in that interview about staying one more year at school and then getting ready for pro hockey is definitely encouraging, to say the least.

I dont think he will make the same mistake as Patrick White. I highly doubt White will get a pro contract, and although he will indeed have a great education, I imagine he would do it differently if he go back in time.

The chances of Schroeder risking a couple million dollars to stay in school seems like a long shot.

If Schroeders career goes bust in 4-5 years he can figure out what to do then. A few mill in the bank gives a guy a few more options, and he will still only be 25 years old.

Why would we put an offensive player on a fourth line? especially one so young? Regardless, my guess is that Schroeder ends up playing wing almost exclusively at the pro level.

i wouldn't mind seeing schroeder take up raymond's spot on the second line and have kesler and grabner as his linemates. hell of a second line or even on PP put schroeder on point and hodgson as centere and kes on the wing. man i dont remember being this excited about our draft picks ever.

Archived